Collision Rescue - 70's

Skulldigger

Site Guru
Very cool. I remember my first day in EMT school they showed a video I wish I could find. Started off with these two wrecker drivers at a gas station. A call came in and they turned their hats aroiund and it said rescue. they jumped in an old hearse and ran the call, of course doing everything wrong. it would be even funnier today to watch.

When I was in high school and took Drivers Ed they showed a video called "Signal 41" that definitely caught our attention. Lots of blood and gore to scare us into not wanting to drive. Lol

MtnMan

When I was in high school and took Drivers Ed they showed a video called "Signal 41" that definitely caught our attention. Lots of blood and gore to scare us into not wanting to drive. Lol
Those classic Driver Ed shock films can be found with a YouTube search for "Highway Safety Films," which was the Ohio production company that churned them out over several decades. Apart from the gore (which isn't as bad as people probably recall from their adolescence), it's an interesting timeline of apparatus, warning equipment, and rescue / EMS practices.

Pete L.

Site Veteran
Wow, that made me feel real old , thanks Jazz :)
It kind of reminded me of the old Motorola training films they used to show us
in the police academy back in the 70's.

OP
OP
JazzDad

JazzDad

Just Another Faceless Member
Silver Supporter
It had that same feel as the TV show Emergency.

Phillyrube

Who carries 6 back boards on an engine?

All we needed was an old leaf spring segment sharpened on one end and a hammer, and we could take the roof. Movie would be complete.

No one had eye protection.

Anyone use a come a long or porta power to pull a steering wheel?

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
We still do.....come along, half wheel, and high grade chain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
crazycollector2020
Top Bottom