Command Post Interior Red Lighting

tuckerm

Sep 4, 2014
Wisconsin
Anyone have any suggestions on interior red lighting for a command post? I need something that won't cause RF Interference to radios.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
how much you need? wouldnt a few sound off "cop car" lights work? that way you have red and white?

tuckerm

Sep 4, 2014
Wisconsin
Those aren't the brightest but if I had to, we would probably need four of those. I have two dispatch positions I'd need to light up. We have white lights in there but they're obnoxious at night.

I was gonna go and get some LED red rocker puddle lights but I'm concerned about RFI. We have 8 VHF radios, 2 800mhz, and 1 UHF in there with two future repeaters. I don't want interference by having them on.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Check out the whelen 3in round compartment lights. They're pretty decent output and you can get them in solid white, solid red or a split red and white.
If you need alot of red light and depending on where your mounting them I've done a pair of red whelen Vertexs in the hatch of a fire command vehicle at the chief's request. That threw a TON of light and had a really good spread.

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
How about a couple Federal stalk lights? They have a dimmer and a red lens if wanted. I like the dim white vs red. We had a couple mounted in the back of a command SUV.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
If you have existing fixtures you could always swap the bulbs....

Reactions: Jarred J.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.