Command Vehicle Plans

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
Hey guys, I am trying to come up with a design for a police command vehicle. It will be based on a Ford F250 or F350 4WD, crew cab, with a cap. In the backseat area, possibly behind the passenger seat, we would like a desk of some sort, which could access the cab installed MDT laptop and radios. Tn the rear wil be an Extend a Bed that we are already using, showhorned into the back of an Expedition (backseat removed). On the cap, where the side windows are, we would like compartments that would hold breaching tools, carbines, shotguns, 37mm gas gun. etc.

Not worried about warniing lights at this time, I'm sure we'll be stuck with something from Adamson's.

Does anyone have a vehicle in service similar to this?

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
I have never seen pickup truck used as a police command vehicle. I have however seen a pickup used to pull a command/communications trailer.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
sounds like you may want something more heavy duty then just a cap on the bed,look at a f350 cab with a reading body,more secure storage for firearms and ammo,etc,the newer super duties come pre wired and have space under the seat for a printer set up,so that takes that out of the way,as far as a data terminal and or other option for a computer setup it will have plenty of room. there is also heavy duty bed boxes that can hold 1000lbs on it that can be mounted to a tray that has locking compartments to hold all items the same way the storage is set up on a utility truck

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
We have 4 precincts in the city, each has a SUV sized vehicle that the shift commander (sergeant) drives. It holds preplans, overheads and diagrams of schools, malls, extra ammo, heavy vests, helemts, etc. It is designed for use during the first 30 minutes of an incident, about the time it would take to get to our regular command post bus out. We had designed our Extend-a-Bed (we bought 5) to fit in a pickup, but the city figured we could use a couple of leftover Expeditions. Since the organizers don't fit, they removed the rear seat so it would. Our truck has 50K miles and has had 2 rear ends replaced due to being overloaded. So now they are thinking the pickup would be better.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
ok that makes better sense,i seen something one of the local fire companies did with a p/up w/cap and locking cabinets,for pre plans,etc ,they have a computer with printer in the truck also,i will see if i can get some pics

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Get a Tahoe or Suburban, they can be used for command via the rear and have a nice lift gate to keep the rain out. Grated there will be no A/C, but with a Suburban or even Tahoe the second row area can be made into a work area.

aimages53.fotki.com_v1610_photos_9_14219_7700478_4c2faa72_vi.jpg

aimages9.fotki.com_v1604_photos_9_14219_7700478_CommandSUV_vi.jpg

Then what you are talking about the fire departments use, here they sit in the front and run command with the laptop.

aimages19.fotki.com_v33_photos_9_14219_7700478_CarrolltonFireCommand_vi.jpg

aimages51.fotki.com_v1586_photos_9_14219_7700478_HurstFireCommand_vi.jpg

Phillyrube

May 21, 2010
Flatistan
I'd love to go Oddyssey, the fire department did, has some nice Suburban 2500s. Money will not be there. I like the white/yellow F350 pictured. Was thinking that in crewcab, same type of cap, with the swing up doors. Put secure compartments behind those, and the extend-a bed in the rear.

Climate control is nice. We have a pop-up canopy we can throw around the rear, and the sie curtains for that if it's cold...crank the heat on high and it isn't too bad out there.

Keep the ideas coming.....

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
R. Dodd 10-75 E.L. said:
I think your site has been hacked...

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/ ... _deliv.htm

Code:
Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for 1075lighting.com

What is the current listing status for 1075lighting.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-08-13, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-08-13.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including riotassistance.ru/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS14415 (HOSTCOLLECTIVE).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, 1075lighting.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.

* If you are the owner of this website, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Centre.

Jun 6, 2010
Bergen Co. , NJ
unlisted said:
I think your site has been hacked...

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/ ... _deliv.htm

Code:
Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for 1075lighting.com

What is the current listing status for 1075lighting.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this website may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages that we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 2 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time that Google visited this site was on 2010-08-13, and the last time that suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-08-13.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including riotassistance.ru/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS14415 (HOSTCOLLECTIVE).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, 1075lighting.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.

* If you are the owner of this website, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Centre.

thanks for the heads up, i will have the webmaster look into this

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.