commercial chassis, custom fab...... (nah we'll use gov surplus)

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Our surplus HMMWV works great. If it wasn't for the maintenance on those I'd totally be all for it. The tanker is a bit big for the rural setting imo, weigh limits and all. Strange light setup on the LMTV.....

Reactions: jph2

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Sparky might have a point on the HEMMT at about 33 tons GVWR but it's pretty nimble off-road with ground pressure rated at 58 psi loaded. But, with 24-inch ground clearance, it'll go just about anywhere off-road if regular road and bridge load limits are high enough for it to get there.

I gotta say, they look pretty sharp in their red paint.

Reactions: NVFD612

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I love that turning radius!

Reactions: Skippy
May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
Nice trucks. Lots of water. But can they pump? Hahaha.

(I mean, I see the pumps, but can they match a purpose-built apparatus?)

EngCo4

Oct 12, 2010
USA Virginia
Well ... If you want to go hunting ... and your dog died last night ... you either don't go hunting or you take the cat!!! Not everyone has a multi million dollar department budget. You sometimes have to just "make do" or do without.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.