Common halogen/strobe deck lights

IMO it's really based on regions.

I recall seeing several Whelen dashmasters in halogen and strobe as rear deck lights on unmarked vehicles, usually one on each side.

1729169067630.jpeg

Not so many PAR's (Coplite style) as they used in CA.

1729168693336.png

Also, interior TA's weren't a thing here that I recall.

In my POV Taurus, I used a short Galls strobe light on each side of the rear deck (unsynced), HLF and brake/backup flasher and a Cunanan Five-0 in the upper front window tucked partially behind the rear view mirror. It was around the time that they redesigned the Crown Vic, so seeing a bubble car with lights people were very quick to yield ROW.

I'm with tango...region based for sure. Lotta rural in my parts. The vollies used a mix of fireball2, firebeam, dashlaser, and hotshots. LE used a mix of dash king and dash miser for the unmarked and supervisor cars. Leds didn't start showing up til 2010s.

Thanks for everyone's input, it got some good convseration going and now I know more than I knew before! Looking forward to see what everyone else has to say

I’m not quite sure there is a wrong answer. I was asking to see what light setups were common to see on rear decks, or on the dash, or in the grille in the early 2000s just before LEDs became prominent

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkdreamer3