Comparison: knockoff domes vs. original domes

May 25, 2010
Hamburg (Germany)
I wrote a short comparison on knockoff-domes from China vs. original domes from the US.

The question over at the sondersignalanlagen.com forums was, if it's possible to replace the original domes from US lightbars with cheap knockoff ones from china. A member sent me a MX7000-knockoff and a Streethawk-knockoff dome. The originals are in my collection.

aimages.kitesurfer1404.de_t_knockoff_vs_original_1.jpg aimages.kitesurfer1404.de_t_knockoff_vs_original_4.jpg aimages.kitesurfer1404.de_t_knockoff_vs_original_5.jpg

To make it short: It's not possible to replace the original ones with the knockoffs.

If you wish to read more details and see more picutures, please use google-translate to translate my website: Google Übersetzer

Feel free to ask any question. I'm going to subscribe to this topic and will answers questions, if I can.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.