Connect, If You Please....

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
On the TS100 that I purchased, the correct terminals for the driver are two vertical, independent posts. No screws to lock the wires with. I did try the four screw terminals, but did not have any sound through the speaker. However, when I use two alligator clips on those posts, everything comes through clear as a bell!

So my question is, why type of a more permanent connector can I use for this speaker? As I clean each of my items up, they will be placed on a small display and I'd much prefer not to be using alligator clips. Moreover. I'm standardizing all my connections using Anderson Powerworx 30 Amp connectors for power and standard Tyco 10-12 or16-18 gauge quick connect/disconnect terminals, and I'd like to include my TS100 in the standardization.

Thanks and Happy and Safe Holiday wishes to all!!

Steve

DalmatProd

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
DalmatProd said:
On the TS100 that I purchased, the correct terminals for the driver are two vertical, independent posts. No screws to lock the wires with. I did try the four screw terminals, but did not have any sound through the speaker. However, when I use two alligator clips on those posts, everything comes through clear as a bell!

So my question is, why type of a more permanent connector can I use for this speaker? As I clean each of my items up, they will be placed on a small display and I'd much prefer not to be using alligator clips. Moreover. I'm standardizing all my connections using Anderson Powerworx 30 Amp connectors for power and standard Tyco 10-12 or16-18 gauge quick connect/disconnect terminals, and I'd like to include my TS100 in the standardization.
Here's a pic of what I believe you have:

ts100-n-700x700.jpg

Your posts should have a groove around each one near the top. From what I see in the pic, a standard 1/4" female spade terminal should slide right on the nubbin at top of the post. That would be one of these guys:

22-18-gauge-vinyl-insulated-female-push-on-terminal-250_c93907.jpg

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
Steve-Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look. The driver on my unit is a bit "weathered." On the two posts I mentioned, there is nothing on top of them to use to secure the spade connectors if they do not hold themselves in place. But, I'll give a try and report back.

Thanks again,

Steve

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
THIS BULLETIN IN FROM THE NEWSROOM....

The pic of the connector you mentioned came up on my iPhone after I wrote my reply. Other than the two screw terminals on the driver (which I tried and do not work) there's no post on my unit where a female spade connector could mate.

I'll try to shoot a couple of close-ups of the driver and post them here later.

SG

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
DalmatProd said:
THIS BULLETIN IN FROM THE NEWSROOM....

The pic of the connector you mentioned came up on my iPhone after I wrote my reply. Other than the two screw terminals on the driver (which I tried and do not work) there's no post on my unit where a female spade connector could mate.

I'll try to shoot a couple of close-ups of the driver and post them here later.

SG
Are the posts threaded or smooth?

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL

ex416

Apr 28, 2011
West Central Wisconsin
the terminal looks like the ones on mine. the female connector that Steve referred to should slide onto the top thin disc of the terminal. think of the disc as being the spade that the connector would slide onto.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
ex416 said:
the terminal looks like the ones on mine. the female connector that Steve referred to should slide onto the top thin disc of the terminal
+1

Exactly as it looks in the pic of the TS100 that I posted. Crimp the connector on the end of the wire and slide it on the end of the post.

Liberty703

Dec 11, 2012
Maine
Yup... slide it on. First time I saw one I thought it was crazy, but it does stay together!

DalmatProd

Dec 26, 2011
USA - FL
Well, Steve, et al, you were all correct! The 1/4-inch female lug was the one size I didn't have. I ran out this afternoon and picked a packet up and just attached them and tested the speaker with my Code 3 V-Con. She works like a charm. I'm going to use the other sirens to make sure this didn't happen despite efforts, instead of due to my efforts.

Thanks again to all for the suggestions!

Steve

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.