Connecticut State Police 2013 Ford Interceptor Sedan

soutthpaw

May 2, 2018
Sparks, NV
To me getting worked up over a practice that an agency has determined works for them over the course of several decades is a good example of bunched up panties
Na, I'd say getting all uptight cuz someone expressed an opinion different than your qualifies as getting your panties in a bunch. I am an ASE master mechanic, my only law enforcement experiences was as an explorer scout in the days of the Twinsonics, and later on a west coast Sheriff SAR team. Never had I seen officers, other than what I mentioned, take vehicles home. I did not know this was a practice and how in hell would I know that its something that has been done for decades on the other side of the country. I was just questioning the logic and reasoning behind it. (which you provided no insight into with you comments) I am surprised all these cops want everyone in the neighborhood knowing where they live. Unmarked cars are just as easy to recognize as marked ones. Do they have exempt licence plates. Here, it says the Department's name on the plate. Guess who is best at recognizing unmarked cop cars? the bad guys. In CA I know cops can have their license plate info unregistered so people can't look it up.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
It was explained very well why and how on the first page of this thread, I didn't think I could add further insight

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
Alright. None of you AARP card holders are dropping any panties these days so let's stay on topic. Connecticut and the Interceptor sedan.

fusion11

Oct 4, 2011
New Enland
I was driving by CSP’s fleet garage today and saw a few brand new tinted out ecoboost utilities. They had newer plate sequences (e.g. 1ABCD2) not the standard UTZ, WWL, or WHK.

Anyone know who’s getting these? My guess would be traffic services since they are the turbos, but not sure.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Where is the fleet garage?
I always figured it was in Meriden at CSP training but when you said “driving by” that got me thinking it wasn’t there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.