Console mounted siren

marionso14

Mar 5, 2012
US Mississippi
Are there any plans to have a console mounted siren? I think just about everyone else has one and I would much rather have a console mounted unit to ease in installation... 

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Are there any plans to have a console mounted siren? I think just about everyone else has one and I would much rather have a console mounted unit to ease in installation... 
This just seems like a step backward to me.  Such a thing of the past in my mind at least.  Couple that with the number of outputs most of the decent units have these days and I just see that being a mess personally. I guess if you limit the capability of the unit it might not be a bad idea. 

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
All it needs is to be a siren.... Switches are optional.

marionso14

Mar 5, 2012
US Mississippi
Just about every professional agency now uses consoles such as Jotto Desk or other brands. If you want a Feniex siren right now to integrate with that console, you have to get the 4200 which is alot more expensive (granted alot cheaper than other unit). Or you can make a switch panel for your siren function which just doesnt look right,

Thinking on a budget, (as most agencies do) its cheaper to just buy a switch box for about $150 and a separate siren for around $150 or so...

They integrate into the console and you save money

Another issue with all in one units is if it fails, the whole unit could go down where as if your stand alone siren went down, then you still have lights. 

Im not saying this will take over the market or anything but this is an issue with agencies where i live, they want it simple and easy to replace and to save money.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Just about every professional agency now uses consoles such as Jotto Desk or other brands. If you want a Feniex siren right now to integrate with that console, you have to get the 4200 which is alot more expensive (granted alot cheaper than other unit). Or you can make a switch panel for your siren function which just doesnt look right,

Thinking on a budget, (as most agencies do) its cheaper to just buy a switch box for about $150 and a separate siren for around $150 or so...

They integrate into the console and you save money

Another issue with all in one units is if it fails, the whole unit could go down where as if your stand alone siren went down, then you still have lights. 

Im not saying this will take over the market or anything but this is an issue with agencies where i live, they want it simple and easy to replace and to save money.
Ah ok... maybe a simpler approach would be having a switch panel available for the storm that could be integrated into a faceplate by console manufacturers. 

On that note, I've used just the standard faceplates with switches from ram to control the storm siren as they only need on and off switches to operate. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KI_CopCar

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.