Console Risers?

outrigger

Apr 25, 2011
CA, USA
So, I've tried looking around, maybe I'm not using the right keywords, but I can't seem to find anything; hoping you guys might be of some help. I recently dropped in a troy widebody console that had remote mount radio heads in there, so clearance wise, it was fine. Now I need to swap the radios with new radios that aren't remote mount. The issue I'm running into is the radios itself are too long for the console's height. Does anyone know of any riser plates that essentially raise the height of the console itself? I've found actual radio riser plates but they make the radio head stick out of the console and i'm ideally trying to keep them flush mounted. short of ordering some c-channel and machining them down, i was hoping someone might have a simpler solution or if someone offers pre-fab'd solutions. thanks ya'll!

Reactions: Abacus

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Check Troy, Havis, etc for L-brackets, you'd want 4 to 6 brackets to raise the entire consolee off the floor plate/tranny hump

outrigger

Apr 25, 2011
CA, USA
Chiefops - Thanks for the reply. Actually the bottom of the Troy widebottom is sealed; its essentially a giant bucket; only way is to extend the sides of the console upwards....

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Then your console is unsuitable for your front mount radios unless you cut out the bottom of the console.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.