Controlling an EQ2B

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Can I use something else other than the EQ2B control head to control my EQ2B? Is there a way to wire it up with a couple of momentary switches and a couple of toggles? Perhaps could I use an HHS2200 somehow?

Thanks!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
About a month after I posted this, completely by happenstance, I met a fellow who worked in engineering at Federal Signal. Unfortunately I did not get his name. Although he did not design the EQ2B himself, he proved to have an intimate knowledge of the EQ2B's inner workings. He confirmed that the EQ2B requires its digital control head. He said that analog switching would not be possible without substantial modification to the EQ2B amplifier's logic board.

50theman

Feb 1, 2011
Virginia
shues said:
About a month after I posted this, completely by happenstance, I met a fellow who worked in engineering at Federal Signal. Unfortunately I did not get his name. Although he did not design the EQ2B himself, he proved to have an intimate knowledge of the EQ2B's inner workings. He confirmed that the EQ2B requires its digital control head. He said that analog switching would not be possible without substantial modification to the EQ2B amplifier's logic board.

:(

Ok, Thanks shues

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
50theman said:
:(

Ok, Thanks shues

I had an EQ2B siren on a Type II Ford ambulance a few years back. In the back of the control head are a couple of ports (look like modular phone jacks) where you can tie into a remote switch. We had a foot switch to run on the manual side of the siren.

Steve Loftin, who works as a firetruck salesman, was telling me that on a particular fire dept that bought from him, they bought EQs for some of their new trucks; and they hid the control head and had them hooked up to where they could run the foot swtich only. The siren had constant power when the firetruck's batteries were "armed". I liked our EQ except that the yelp sounded like crap. And while there's only so much that can be done with an electronic amplifier, I would've liked to have seen the siren roll just a bit longer when "coasting". :yes:

50theman

Feb 1, 2011
Virginia
This is EQ2B I received.

I have look in all the manuals and I can't find anything about the Master or Slave plugs. So what is that for? (see photo below)

$T2eC16hHJF8E9nnC9bTIBR!bUdohd!~~60_57.jpg

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
This is for running a second brain off of a single control head.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
ryan said:
This is for running a second brain off of a single control head.

We probably owe it to the community to daisy chain as many eq2bs together as we can....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.