Convergence Software Issues

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
Any having problems with communication from SS Platinum B keypad to computer?
It's in programming mode. The cable is plugged up on the side of the keypad and plugged into my computer.
The communication task is greyed out and won't communicate.
Using windows 10 with a usb to ethernet adapter. It's worked 100 times before. But here lately it's been an on going problem.
My laptop doesn't have an ethernet port so I'm having to use an adapter.
Any ideas?

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Remember to check your usb root hub and make sure power management is not set to allow the computer to turn off this device to save power, biggest usb not communicating issue when things stop talking and working short of a reboot and restart the whole process be cause by the time your ready it's already off.

kabsher8093

Oct 12, 2013
KY
Remember to check your usb root hub and make sure power management is not set to allow the computer to turn off this device to save power, biggest usb not communicating issue when things stop talking and working short of a reboot and restart the whole process be cause by the time your ready it's already off.
Long story short. I broke out the old windows xp with a lan port and it fired right up with the fedsig "RED" cable. I had been using just a standard cable and I worked fine. Guess it figured it out lol. Shame on me.

d119

May 26, 2010
CA - Land of Steady Red
That "red" cable is nothing more than a standard ethernet crossover cable, there isn't any magic going on in there. Why Federal thought Ethernet would be better than USB is beyond me - perhaps they thought the control head would be part of some vehicular network that nobody ever went with?

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Because usb sucks, it easily can burn itself out, I've replaced many usb based supplies because they are unfixable, just throwaway junk technology.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.