Support Conversation Limit

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
I am trying to create a new message and it states I can only have 25 conversations and I am over my limit. I went to clear my mailbox (200+). I go to select multiples, and try to go to the upper right side to delete all under the "selected" button and the button does nothing. Please tell me I don't have to go into 200+ conversations and delete each one individually.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I did a little searching and was not able to find my answer.

Is there a way I can download all my messages? I like to keep them so I can look at people I have dealt with (buying,selling or just info). After download them then they can all be deleted from the board.

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Xenforo, our forum software, doesn’t support exporting user content. I’m sorry.
No problem. I appreciate all that you do here. I was not aware it was a space issue on the board (tony mentioned in another thread that it is a space issue. Like someone new might have no idea the the difference between a FS light and its amazon knockoff, I have no clue about running websites).

I presume "leave conversation" is deleting the conversation correct? Looks like I can do that for a whole page vs each individual message.

Upvote 0

irishff

May 24, 2010
SW Missouri
Can you please clear my inbox. I have tried going through one by one and it is taking way too long to delete my messages. Thank you!

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Can you please clear my inbox. I have tried going through one by one and it is taking way too long to delete my messages. Thank you!
I just want to confirm that you're aware that ALL of you messages will be deleted permanently. If you're OK with, I'll get it taken care of.

Upvote 1

koga

Jul 2, 2014
Budapest, Hungary
Is the message "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." somehow related to this? I am unable to send any PMs. I have 9 out of 10 conversations.

I had opened a sepearate thread for this but it was closed saying that it is not a technicial issue and I should PM a staff member. But how can I PM them when I can not send any PMs?!

Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
@koga
You have not created enough content so the spam filters are preventing you from initiating PMs with general members. If you are interested in buying an item or have an item another member wants it is advisable to post on their thread asking them to PM you as it will boost your content count. You are able to receive PMs from members as long as you have your inbox cleared to be under the max PM limit

Upvote 0

koga

Jul 2, 2014
Budapest, Hungary
@koga
You have not created enough content so the spam filters are preventing you from initiating PMs with general members. If you are interested in buying an item or have an item another member wants it is advisable to post on their thread asking them to PM you as it will boost your content count. You are able to receive PMs from members as long as you have your inbox cleared to be under the max PM limit
Thanks for the clarification. I have not seen any explanation for this until now. So may I suggest to change the error message to make this clear? Members naturally assume there is a technical issue if there is a function that suddenly stops working.

Upvote 0

Tony P

Sep 13, 2015
Midwest, USA
How do I delete messages?
Two ways:
1. Within the message that you want to remove, select leave conversation.

2. When viewing your message inbox, check the box on the right side for each message you no longer want. A pop up at the bottom of the screen then gives you options. Select leave conversation, then GO

Reactions: Dave F
Upvote 0

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
How do I delete messages?

For mobile, if you go to see all, to the far right there should be a check box. Select the ones you want to delete: on the bottom left theres a drop down menu, select delete. It will ask you if you want to be alerted to future messages or not in regards to the specific PMs (should the other person ever opt to reply again)

Upvote 0

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Two ways:

2. When viewing your message inbox, check the box on the right side for each message you no longer want. A pop up at the bottom of the screen then gives you options. Select leave conversation, then GO
Thank you

Reactions: Tony P
Upvote 0

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
For mobile, if you go to see all, to the far right there should be a check box. Select the ones you want to delete: on the bottom left theres a drop down menu, select delete. It will ask you if you want to be alerted to future messages or not in regards to the specific PMs (should the other person ever opt to reply again)
Thank you

Upvote 0

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
Two ways:

Only if you minimize the pop-up ads. Terrible.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.