Conversion of inner edge linz6

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
Someone in eBay is selling a "Whelen Inner Edge RST Rear Facing LC & WC Interior Lightbar Retrofit Kit" assembly that was complete except for the 6 lights and circuitry for under $40.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
The conversion I mean is taking a 2 piece inner edge and making it a passengers side only inner edge not converting it from an exterior light bar to an interior lightbar

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
IMHO, just buy a pass side only bar and save yourself the headache. like
anything else, COULD it be done, sure

The Inner edge power cord is on the pass side, so in theory you can cut the cable
between the two sides. Ive never opened one to know which side the flasher/driver is on, so you run that risk. And by cutting the cable you just dropped the resale value on it. And say the flashers on the driver side, now you have to rewire the heads

Again, this is just my thought on it, my opinion only, and should probably be ignored. Thanks for coming to my ted talk

Reactions: Tango7 and StEaLtH2

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
I do know the left and right bars the crossover cable unpluggs but I dont know if the flasher will freak out with half the channels being missing lol

Reactions: Dave F

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.