Converted Aerotwinsonic (NYPD style)

Prospect62

Jan 3, 2014
Central NY
Here's my crazy vision come to life. It's an Aerotwinsonic 24XM with it's internals more or less converted to an NYPD bar. I've added steady burn takedowns with clear domes to the front and alternating flashers to the rear, along with V-mirrors between the rotators and Par 36's (not pictured). Obviously not the way the NYPD bar lit up, but the mechanicals are the same. I've never seen an Aero with this look before, but it's going to fit my needs very well. What do you guys think?

Here's a video...

IMG_20150411_130319_039.jpg

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
Very nice! It's wonderful when your vision becomes a reality! Great job, keep the updates coming. I can't wait to see it complete!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Put the mirrors in... lol

Prospect62

Jan 3, 2014
Central NY
Put the mirrors in... lol
Haha I will, I will.

I have to get everything else squeezed in and the wiring situated first. The mirrors will be the last to get screwed down.

Thanks everyone for your compliments. It's not bad for my first time ever touching an Aerotwin (or any other lightbar).

A good wet sand and polish will bring it all together. I'll be sure to post more pics and video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: stansdds

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.