Converting Justice WC from CON3 to LIN

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Have a 50" Justice WC has LIN9 corners and LTR3 centre modules, but the rest are CON3 with two being CON3 with LR11 takedowns. I want to replace the CON3s with linear LEDs. I also wpukd like to replace the front LTR3 modules with takedowns as well.

What type of linear modules do I need to do this and will it cause issues with programming the bar? Will I have to build a new bar on WeCad, export it and reprogram?

Any help would be much appreciated.

got_yogurt

May 21, 2010
BC, Canada
It won't cause any programing issues changing the CON3's to linears. Changing the LTR3's to takedowns shouldn't cause any problem either although you'll have to change their programing to come on as takedowns if that's what you want

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Which linear module do I go with? I know that they're LIN6, but is there a specific model.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
you would need to use either justice or responder style lin6 modules which are hard to come by and pricey when you do.

i don't know what kind of benefit your looking to achieve but it may be lackluster compared to the money it will take to get there.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
you would need to use either justice or responder style lin6 modules which are hard to come by and pricey when you do.

i don't know what kind of benefit your looking to achieve but it may be lackluster compared to the money it will take to get there.

It was just a personal preference for linear LEDs, but having looked around a bit for modules, you're spot on; the very few that I found were pricey as all get out. It'd still be fun to do, but for the cost involved, I think that I'll pass.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.