Cool, interesting, odd etc Fire/EMS vehicles -locked due to new section

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Post pics of your favorite or interesting fire/ems vehicles.

93-93001d.gif

whelen600.jpg

a102.jpg

roto5.jpg

Reactions: Evtech161

cory y

May 21, 2010
Don't knock those garland trucks, they use green in the front and rear of their trucks, I see em everyday just about and that set up is damnned effective.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
cory y said:
Don't knock those garland trucks, they use green in the front and rear of their trucks, I see em everyday just about and that set up is damnned effective.

yea im glad i got to see a video on them, it actually looked fairly good / effective from what I could tell! maybe a little more red than the 900's in amber and the TD in amber but looked nice.

cory y

May 21, 2010
For some reason garland is really big on the blue/amber colors. ALL of their apparatus have B/a split strobes or leds doen the side. I have a couple of videos on my youtube account. Ill link it later tonight if I don't head up to the cotton bowl to be an extra for "Friday night lights" tonight

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_thumb_d_d1_Swedish_ambd5aabb6cd19bdbea43a45b3dbc2ced17.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
fireman616wfd said:
looks like a retarded hearse... minus the ambulance crap and blue lights :cool:
I agree. If they're gonna do it like that, do it more subtly on a SUV or a van, it looks ridiculous on a sedan.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
fireman616wfd said:
and what is up with that side door? i see a door handle but I dont see a door :lol: :?:
It's there, you just have to look closely.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
sbparkcop said:
Here's our newly unveiled 2010 Chevy Impala's, dedicated to the new Street Crimes unit. There are only a few of these black & white's in the scheme seems a little "busy" to me. The emblem on the side is a falcon - why, I don't know. Sorry for the low quality.

[Broken External Image]:http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b261/FreshDave04/1d3f36db.jpg
Apart from saying "SBPD" instead of "POLICE" as the big text on the side I don't have a problem with it, although the "Street crimes" text should be smaller IMO.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
nerdly_dood said:
Apart from saying "SBPD" instead of "POLICE" as the big text on the side I don't have a problem with it, although the "Street crimes" text should be smaller IMO.

All the city's marked units say "SBPD" on the side panel doors with "SOUTH BEND POLICE" underneath. They also have "POLICE" graphics on the rear trunk lid. Any specialty units in the city have their specific insignia on the C Post (I.E. - Honor Guard, Crime Scene Technician), with the exception of the newly formed Street Crimes division. They get to be extra special, I suppose.

bobcoop06

May 25, 2010
Indiana
They're special because it's the Mayor's baby. I liked the blue cars better, except they looked stupid saying "NEST" down the side. And I also agree, the SBPD looks goofy on that car. It looks much better with the standard graphics on the other cars. But not as goofy as a brand new Impala with a huge, stupid StreetHawk on it.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
bobcoop06 said:
They're special because it's the Mayor's baby. I liked the blue cars better, except they looked stupid saying "NEST" down the side. And I also agree, the SBPD looks goofy on that car. It looks much better with the standard graphics on the other cars. But not as goofy as a brand new Impala with a huge, stupid StreetHawk on it.

You said it, right there! Awesome way to conserve money... let's use 20yr old light bars on brand new patrol vehicles. It's ridiculous.

May 22, 2010
MI, USofA
sbparkcop said:
All the city's marked units say "SBPD" on the side panel doors with "SOUTH BEND POLICE" underneath. They also have "POLICE" graphics on the rear trunk lid. Any specialty units in the city have their specific insignia on the C Post (I.E. - Honor Guard, Crime Scene Technician), with the exception of the newly formed Street Crimes division. They get to be extra special, I suppose.

I was there for the changeover from specialty patches to the red/white/and blue "DC" style graphics, not sure I'm a big fan of the new look (I actually think I liked the patches the best), but hey, they didn't ask me, and I don't live around there any more, so ... :D

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
The ADAC vehicle is Germany's AAA. They respond to vehicle breakdowns on the AutoBahn. I would want there vehicles to be lit up like a christmas tree, but when I was in Germany they ran very simple ambers on thier vehicles.

fp13-2

May 20, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
resQyou said:
The ADAC vehicle is Germany's AAA. They respond to vehicle breakdowns on the AutoBahn. I would want there vehicles to be lit up like a christmas tree, but when I was in Germany they ran very simple ambers on thier vehicles.
They respond to breakdowns with an ambulance?

NVFD612

May 25, 2010
Indiana
Thats a good question, they ran Mercedes Stationwagons when I was stationed there, and the more I look at it, it would seem to be something other than their "roving maintenance" type vehicles... But who knows, they could have branched out, but the hospitals used to rule the ambulance service in Germany...

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
resQyou said:
Thats a good question, they ran Mercedes Stationwagons when I was stationed there, and the more I look at it, it would seem to be something other than their "roving maintenance" type vehicles... But who knows, they could have branched out, but the hospitals used to rule the ambulance service in Germany...

My guess is it's an ambulance used at car races and such events that are organised by ADAC.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Merged with other "favorite" pics thread, made sticky.

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Here's mine.

NewberryAmbulance.jpg

bmw_x6_xdrive50i_ambulance_concept_001.jpg

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
DC ambulances tend to only have the KKK-recommended lights - all halogen - with the proper flash pattern. Sure, it's effective, but I'd like to see them with a Model 14 in front.

Other ambulances have a different red and white paint job with a similar setup, but it's all LED except for a white halogen in front. It's got a different variable speed alternating pattern, though, with an extra pair of flashing red LEDs next to the taillights. Looks like they also contract out to American Medical Response.

P1000844[1].jpg

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
nerdly_dood said:
DC ambulances tend to only have the KKK-recommended lights - all halogen - with the proper flash pattern. Sure, it's effective, but I'd like to see them with a Model 14 in front.

Other ambulances have a different red and white paint job with a similar setup, but it's all LED except for a white halogen in front. It's got a different variable speed alternating pattern, though, with an extra pair of flashing red LEDs next to the taillights. Looks like they also contract out to American Medical Response.

No light bar on this ambo?

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
I always wondered why DCFD did use a clear LED in the center of those ambulances, but I have to say that single halogen is like a lighthouse coming down the road, especially from a distance. Something to be said for mixing it up with technology. Also the center white halogen shuts off when in park

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Wailer said:
No light bar on this ambo?
Nope, the ONLY lights are the ones recommended in the GSA KKK specs, all halogen, and with the KKK recommended flash pattern.

Like I said, I'd like to see them with a Model 14 or RB6 in front, just to put that ugly vent thing in front to good use.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
with ambulances like the DC bare minimum setup, i'm always annoyed b/c a lot of the big cities and hospital-based rigs (at least in NYC, where I'm from) have the money to add a little more lighting + i personally don't really find them effective and have thought that kkk ambulance standards have needed an update, with a lightbar [ideally], even if it's merely a 3 rotator bar, or at least some more surface mount lights to the front AND a surface mount light by the rear wheelwells for lower side warning to compliment the 2 lights up top)

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
pdk9 said:
with ambulances like the DC bare minimum setup, i'm always annoyed b/c a lot of the big cities and hospital-based rigs (at least in NYC, where I'm from) have the money to add a little more lighting + i personally don't really find them effective and have thought that kkk ambulance standards have needed an update, with a lightbar [ideally], even if it's merely a 3 rotator bar, or at least some more surface mount lights to the front AND a surface mount light by the rear wheelwells for lower side warning to compliment the 2 lights up top)
I quite like the minimal setup, there IS such a thing as too many lights. I wouldn't mind seeing a Model 14 or Whelen RB6 in front though.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
bobcoop06 said:

Yeah, those graphics look like something on a "Hot Wheels" car...

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
596_0067-vi.jpg[/attachment:2m3vr2uy]19740300_10.jpg[/attachment:2m3vr2uy]2007-101.JPG[/attachment:2m3vr2uy]

0truck_lg.jpg[/attachment:2m3vr2uy]!B7VOfmQCGk~$(KGrHqZ,!iQEzNkeqbgZBMz2NIWmoQ~~_3.jpg[/attachment:2m3vr2uy]

The Superior 61 ended up being owned by my volunteer FD. It was painted ALF red and equipped as a rehab/cascade unit. They sold it off years ago, and I would love to know where it is.

596_0067-vi.jpg

19740300_10.jpg

2007-101.JPG

truck_lg.jpg

!B7VOfmQCGk~$(KGrHqZ,!iQEzNkeqbgZBMz2NIWmoQ~~_3.jpg

amblewag.jpg

CW1653.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.