Federal Signal Correct controller for a vista Lightbar (North Ridgeville PD cruiser)

German_CVPI

Jan 16, 2024
Germany
Hi everybody,

I mentioned it in my initial posts, I am a complete newbie when it comes to Emergency lights and sirens. So please don't be to harsh on me if my questions are stupid.

Currently I am rebuilding my North Ridgeville (Ohio) CV police cruiser that I imported to europe. I want to keep it as original as possible. I found pictures from the outside, so this went quite OK.

But I am struggeling with the inside... I know my unit had a Vista lightbar mounted. But I have not a single clue what controller and siren was used on my unit. I tried to contact the PD, but never got any feedback. I still have the console, but everything else was removed before selling.

console.png

Does anybody by any chace know, what type of controller were typically used on these cruisers with the vista lightbar? Or is this completely random? Any help or ointing into the right direction is welcome.

btw. my original post can be found here:
https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/newbie-from-germany-with-a-north-ridgeville-cvpi.97515/

Based off of my knowledge living only 15 minutes from them, I recall hearing a Code 3 Wail and Yelp tone from their cars back in the day. Code 3 dominated this area for many years. Everyone has since made a big push to Whelen. Many departments used the Code 3 RLS siren/light controllers. But I do know that Federal Signal was big with our State Patrol, and many local departments copied them (which is why the Vistas were popular back then.) I have some local contacts, so I will ask around and see what I can find out.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightbar startup