Coworker has me stumped with light.

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
One of my co workers saw a 20/24" led floodlight bar that had flashing colored LEDs in it. I showed him the strobes n more one and he said its different.
I did a search of every place I know and came up with nothing figured I'd ask here someone might know.

Thanks
Dan

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Rigid Industries makes some as well. You have to special order them. I believe there are a couple more companies that make them, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Hmmmm, all the newest RIDoT F250's have something like this up front. Haven't seen one close enough to determine exactly what it looks like but the rest of the upfit appears to be all Whelen.. which is customary for them...
We kinda close to CT.....

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
Hmmmm, all the newest RIDoT F250's have something like this up front. Haven't seen one close enough to determine exactly what it looks like but the rest of the upfit is all Whelen..
He is a Ct DOT guy thats asking. Ill ask him if thats what he saw

Reactions: StEaLtH2

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
I've never seen them behind the grill. The one I have just a rigid 20" flood is mounted to my brush guard.

Blake

Sep 21, 2016
Savannah Georgia
What I'm thinking of is this would be a cheaper better route to go. Dual purpose behind my front grill area on my Chevy. Want to reduce the chances of it getting stolen.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
He is a Ct DOT guy thats asking. Ill ask him if thats what he saw

Any update? I've seen a few more new truck's around but no chance for a closer inspection of the what I believe to be a Whelen product.

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
It was similar to a whelen pioneer from what I saw.
I have been busy lately sorry for the late reply.

Reactions: StEaLtH2
Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
I saw a new RIDot truck this morning so made sure to get close to it and look at the light. It looks like a 20" curved bar, definitely not a Whelen. I'm a Rigid dealer and it did look like Rigid to me, but I can't be sure. If I had my old Charger I would have made sure to get rear-ended so I could get a better look at it, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my new Charger, even for you guys, sorry.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.