Cp25 Restoration for my visibar

Busarider

Nov 23, 2013
Tunkhannock PA
I'm working on restoring a Visibar. I swung by a forum member's house to pick up some lights and ended up taking home a Cp25. I needed a bracket for the Visibar. This "junk" casing was given to me for the bracket, it looked beyond hope....

The process:

Soda Blasting

Polish canvas wheel with green rouge

Polish cotton wheel with white rouge

DSCN2436.jpg

DSCN2439.jpg

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Looking good, I have a CP25 that I bought on eBay for my Visibar to make it complete, but have yet to install it. Mine however has a small ding in it, so it is not perfect but still will make it complete.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Nice work. I traded for a nice VisiBar last summer from my late friend, Harold, who lived in Gorman, TX. He's the guy I mentioned in another thread who lost his entire siren collection early in the fall. He passed away in October.

This VisiBar had been on one of Gorman's grass rigs but was moved to a trash-hauling truck, using amber domes on both beacons. When Harold traded for it he got the bar with the amber domes in place. The original CP25 speaker, which I now have, was just sitting in a box, so it went with the bar. I've since acquired red domes for the bar but haven't installed them on the beacons.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
plybeep68 said:
Nice!!!! Cant beat a Visibar!

The godfather of all lightbars....will remain the godfather :cool: .

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
CrownVic97 said:
The godfather of all lightbars....will remain the godfather :cool: .

It is the original of the lightbars, except for some of the homebrew bars I saw as a kid...most of which were converted from old luggage racks. The one problem I had with the VisiBars was the chain drive. I mentioned on another thread some time back that Texas Tech PD went from Model 173 beacons to the VisiBars in the mid-70s. The bars had twin red domes and a pair of CP25 speakers powered by Interceptors. After having replaced the chains on their bars numerous times, they finally froze the bulbs of the two beacons where they were aimed front and rear and then mounted the original 173s in the middle of the bars. The original beacons once re-aimed were outfitted with alternating flashers. Interesting looking but made those bars very "busy" with all the lights and the twin speakers.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.