Cps authority

lwfpd chief

Aug 9, 2012
Grayville, il
Anybody have any good luck with them. Recently I bought an interior visor bar from a member on here. Wasn't working as he had stated. So I sent it back to them. It sat for two weeks at the post office before they picked it up. They told me they were working on it the whole time. Then after a three week wait total they said they needed the other half. So I sent it in. Now it's been sitting at the post office for four days and they won't return my calls.

Has this happened to anyone else?

The original seller won't answer my pm,s either.

Have not listed his name but I will not buy anything from him again.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
If you do a search for them here you will see that they are not well liked. Lots of issues with their product and customer service.

Sorry to hear of your troubles but you are better off cutting your losses and buying something from someone more reputable. Always always always search on here for companies to see feedback before buying. A lot of off brands have earned poor reviews.

This is a good place to start when researching a brand:

Lighting Brand Reputations

Reactions: Nathan R

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
I bought an interior bar and rear deck bar from them a couple months ago just to see if they would be worth it. So far, they're excellent. I personally had no issue with customer service other than the typical playing phone tag between work. I received my deck bar first, and after the interior bar wasn't in the next day, I called and it was all explained and was in the post office 2 days later.

Everything mounted easily, the wiring was a smidge longer than most lights I've bought, lights are very bright. Honestly, I was parked next to a local LEO and he asked what I had. Explained to him and we both lit up what we had. My CPS bar was comparable to his Whelen Inner Edge. I'm sure if we went back farther than 100 yards, his would start to outpunch, but as long and I can be seen, I'm good.

The downfall that I've noticed, is their warranty. My plan though, is to save up while I have these efficient(so far) lights, and when they start to go down buy Feniex.

My partner at work, who is also a vollie, bought from them and had nothing but good experiences as well. A guy on another dept in the county had a time issue where he ordered and it took over a month to get what he ordered, all while they gave him b.s. excuses. I guess it's a luck of the draw with CPS. Roll a dice, if you get an even number it will be good, odd number and you want to look elsewhere.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nathan R

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I bought an interior bar and rear deck bar from them a couple months ago just to see if they would be worth it. So far, they're excellent. I personally had no issue with customer service other than the typical playing phone tag between work. I received my deck bar first, and after the interior bar wasn't in the next day, I called and it was all explained and was in the post office 2 days later.

Everything mounted easily, the wiring was a smidge longer than most lights I've bought, lights are very bright. Honestly, I was parked next to a local LEO and he asked what I had. Explained to him and we both lit up what we had. My CPS bar was comparable to his Whelen Inner Edge. I'm sure if we went back farther than 100 yards, his would start to outpunch, but as long and I can be seen, I'm good.

The downfall that I've noticed, is their warranty. My plan though, is to save up while I have these efficient(so far) lights, and when they start to go down buy Feniex.

My partner at work, who is also a vollie, bought from them and had nothing but good experiences as well. A guy on another dept in the county had a time issue where he ordered and it took over a month to get what he ordered, all while they gave him b.s. excuses. I guess it's a luck of the draw with CPS. Roll a dice, if you get an even number it will be good, odd number and you want to look elsewhere.
Honestly it's more of a ticking count down than a dice roll.  Making lights look like major brands on the outside is cheap.  Making them function to the same tolerances is not.  There is some inflation for name brands, but the cost gap between brands and imports often comes from a cut corner somewhere not obvious on inspection.

Then there is the customer service.... that can vary from dealer to dealer.  Often the middle man or dealer gets stuck and has to make a choice between eating some cash, taking a reputation hit or dropping/get dropped by the import company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JPolston

wildbillcody97

Mar 30, 2015
I've had mine for 4 years and 3 patrol cars one of which was rolled and the light bar still works to this day. Guess it's just a roll of the dice

lwfpd chief

Aug 9, 2012
Grayville, il
FINALY,,,,, after 4 1/2 weeks the lightbar is encounter back to me. With al the shipping ab k and forth and the new controll board plus labor plus the original purchase price I paid on here I could have bought a new bar.

As far as the original seller on here...... No response not very reputable if you ask me. It was sold as a working bar. If you mean only one side is working I guess that qualifys.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.