CPS RX2 and Slimline Freedom

Nov 7, 2011
New England
So Ive been holding off on posting the review for these lights for a couple days. Here it is:

Packaging: The box got ripped somehow the day it was to be shipped, so USPS called Keith. he knew I needed these lights for an install ASAP so he called me and made sure it was ok to just go ahead and check out the lights to make sure they were ok, then used copious amounts of tape to secure the box ( which I was fine with)

The lights arrived undamaged. packaging was alright, but not overly impressive. But decent.

Out of the box: The 6 head rx2 Stick had 2 kinds of brackets. an extended L- type bracket, and just a basic deck mount bracket. The slimline had a dual, single suction cup mount just like the whelen slimlighter. I'll speak more about mounting later

Output and quality: I found that the output and quality of both the 6 RX2 stick and the slimline freedom were Excellent. I was very impressed and they honestly seemed just as bright as 1 watt LED's in name brand manufacturers products. The slimline was very light and the suction cups hold it up well ( Ill talk more about the mounting, shortly) The Rx2 Stick has a very solid construction and is supposed to be mountable outside, not sure If i would of not. It's very happy on the rear deck though.

Brackets/ mounting: . The Slimline's bracket is basic and gets the job done. the suction cups hold well. The Rx2: I used the 2 deck mounts to mount it. There were 4 bolts in a square-shaped channel on top of the light ( I guess for if you wanted to mount it like that). I had to unscrew one of the end caps ( which broke the water seal) to slide them out so they didn't slide around since I wasn't using them.. when I tried to screw the end cap back on, the 3 screws did not line back up and wouldnt go in all the way. Then, there were 3 of 1 type of screw and 1 of another type to screw on the cheap deck mounting brackets. I'll have pictures and videos tomorrow.

Overall

1-10

Construction/quality: 7

Output: 8

mounting: 6

Summed up: Great lights with awesome output and seem to be very solid. Just hate the mounting options. Hopefully this is something that the manufacturer can improve upon soon.. because that's hindering these lights from being AWESOME in my opinion. Like I said, pics and videos coming tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:

CPDG23

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
Great write up. I am looking forward to seeing the video.

Did you order the stardard or high intensity LEDs?

The first of my two orders should be showing up this week. Can't wait to review them.

dusty

Jan 9, 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
jcpse said:

I didn't find the closer up shots very useful, the further back ones were great though. Personal opinion: the slimline freedom is a waste as a split like that, the red only served to turn the white pink. But I'm watching on my phone.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
SireLite said:
Any chance you could post some pictures of the lights. As It's hard to make out any detail in the video.

Sure guys I'll put up some pictures within the next few days. And the split patterns are actually better than you think. Respectfully, I just don't think it's something you're used to seeing on this kind of light. The slimline is a great light and we may be putting them in some cruisers soon.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Ozzy8585 said:
Any patterns on the slimline without splitfail?

Not too sure. Like I said earlier, you're just not used to it. I actually really like it now. I have it in the rear headliner of my demo car. I can take a video soon. In the meantime, there are a couple videos displaying its flash patterns on CPS Authority's YouTube channel. Thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmoore77

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.