CPS Terminator dash light

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
I recenlty purchased the new CPS teminator dash light for one of the K-9 officers at my work. I called and orderd it from Kieth and he told me i was the first person to get this new dash light so i figured i would do a review for you guys

the cost was $86.00 for the light and $10.00 for shipping so $96.00 total

he had this in stock so I got it in 4 days. It came in a brown box about 5 1/4" X 11" X 2 1/4"

inside the box was the light the 2 L brackets to affix it the top of the light and the suction cup bracket the attatches to the L brackets also 3 suction cups in good shape not bent like you get sometimes and a total of 7 screws which you only need 4 and 2 small black bolts to fasten the suction cup bracket to the small L brackets.

It is very easy to assemble even though the wasnt any instructions but it really pretty simple.

so as for construction its is very light and the only metal is the brackets there is a hole in the back of the light i guess were a momentary switch could be mounted. the flash back shield is removable which is good for the back or side windows of a truck or SUV.

the light is very bright it blew my STL dualpro ( bought before i joined here.) out of the water i pulled up to my gardge door and turned them both on and you couldnt even tell the dualpro was on (at night). During the day it stands out very well its brighter then the strobe vista on my patrol vehicle and was as bright as the whelen slim misers in the K-9 charger we have. Even has decent off axis i would say to about 60 degrees off the vehicle.

the only dislikes are the brackets dont let it sit right up against the windshield so you do get some flashback but nothing you cant deal with. the suction cups are goods as the light did not move even when going over speedbumps but the are a pain to get off the windshield and to get in the bracket

Over all i like it its a bright,light weight, easy to use light and for only $96.00 shipped i would deffenetly order again

dashlight1.jpg

dashlight2.jpg

dashlight.jpg

dashlight3.jpg

LawMan902

Mar 29, 2011
FL, USA
Saw a video of one of these on CPS's youtube channel and it looked quite bright. Does it come in the standard power and high power options as most of their lights do?

mdlighting

Jul 20, 2011
PG county,MD
I belive it is hight output but for $86.00 you can't beat this light the K-9 officer loves it. It is much brighter than the old galls strobe he had and he has about 4" of his windshield back

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
How does the plastic lenses hold up to the summer heat. Most non-brand name items ive had melted to a plastic mush.

Nov 29, 2011
Opelika, AL
LLS said:
How does the plastic lenses hold up to the summer heat. Most non-brand name items ive had melted to a plastic mush.

After 4 years of sales, we have never had a complaint from a customer about this. I have seen this issue on a few threads though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.