Craigs List buy

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
Tony ( tsquale) showed this on the http://elightbars.org/forums/f97/links-deals-other-sites-vintage-items-57/ post number 3254.

I checked it out and here it is.

It's a old style Hotshot II with the securing band. Came with the flash back hood, and the metal plate with Velcro on it.

The dome is in excellent shape. Almost as if it never was used on the roof.

Thanks Tony

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Those are nice. I still use some. I got an amber, blue and keep a few greens for responding in my trucks. Got some mirrors too. You can modify a 795x bulb to work in those. Much nicer flash with a vertical filament

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
This and the Fireball II are still my 2 favorite throw lights, and I still use both in various vehicles. i'm always surprised at how fast people move out of the way for the HotShot given it's size.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
MESDA6 said:
This and the Fireball II are still my 2 favorite throw lights, and I still use both in various vehicles. i'm always surprised at how fast people move out of the way for the HotShot given it's size.

I think the first gen hotshot II is the smallest rotator beacon aint it? Or the cadet. I think both are as small as they come

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
Richard P said:
I think the first gen hotshot II is the smallest rotator beacon aint it? Or the cadet. I think both are as small as they come

I think the Fireball II is smaller, but haven't really compared them side by side. The Cadet is much dimmer, as it has a weaker bulb (I forget the specifics but someone here will know.) I tried a Cadet once and immediately returned it for the HotShot.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
dmathieu said:
50 Watt in the Fireball II, and Hot Shot'
27 Watt in the latest Cadet.

From what I saw on the cadet I had the bulb is soldered in. Not sure on the new ones.

But seems to me you could replace it with a higher wattage bulb.

But then again I wasn't impressed by the cadet even when I found out you can't bench test one.

Needed to be in the car for it to run properly a higher wattage bulb would make in run even slower than the 27w.

And in slow speed in barely was able to turn with the 27w bulb.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
chief1565 said:
From what I saw on the cadet I had it has, he bulb is soldered in. Not sure on the new ones.
But seems to me you could replace it with a higher wattage bulb.

But then again I wasn't impressed by the cadet even when I found out you can't bench test one.

Needed to be in the car for it to run properly a higher wattage bulb would make in run even slower than the 27w.

And in slow speed in barely was able to turn with the 27w bulb.

My cadet runs at a pretty good pace. I dont know what bulb It has, but the contacts pass through the reflector and clip to the copper braided wire

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
As long as it was on fast it was alright, slow forget it sometimes it would stall and then get going again.

Moved it on down the line not what I needed.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Nice going, Paul. I had a nice red Hotshot that disappeared on me a few months ago. I've always like them. When I was in Lubbock I had ordered a Hotshot and it came in blue by mistake, but one of my fellow vollies wanted it and I let him use it on his Broncho II. As I've noted on other threads, blue alone isn't legal in Texas, but he ran it anyway, and no one bothered him about it. And it could be well seen. He liked it well enough that it went with him when he moved back to IN years ago!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.