Crazy idea? I/O board to flash entire vehicle

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
So I had a thought... I will be upfitting a Tahoe in the next few months and want to make it exactly how I want it.

It will be a slick-top used for traffic control mostly. I plan to have 2 T6s in the grille, 2 T6 spots (white) in the grille, HLF, 2 T3s on each running board, a T6 spot on each running board, and one in the back side windows, Cannons in the reverse lights and two T6s on the LP.

I want to have takedowns and alleys that flash and can be overridden for solid white. Cruise mode is a must and I want to have the entire truck synced.

My first though, a series of ERM flashers, but they won't sync with each other and it won't match up exactly. 

My second thought, take the I/O board out of my old Freedom and use it to flash the entire truck. That would be controlled with my 4200.

Am I missing something on this or is it a good idea? 

TACKLEBERRY

Sep 20, 2010
Norton, MA
What you described is basically the Code3 CELS.  They took a lightbar board and put in in a box.

Before getting CanTrol I actually did this with a WeCan Liberty Duo board I got off eBay.  Just keep in mind, it's all negative switching.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Limits the modes you can use on the cannons and apollos.  Might not be completely compatible to do what you want. Done it on another vehicle of mine won't do it again. Not worth it to me. 

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
What you described is basically the Code3 CELS.  They took a lightbar board and put in in a box.

Before getting CanTrol I actually did this with a WeCan Liberty Duo board I got off eBay.  Just keep in mind, it's all negative switching.

I didn't realize it was negative switching, that's good to know!

Limits the modes you can use on the cannons and apollos.  Might not be completely compatible to do what you want. Done it on another vehicle of mine won't do it again. Not worth it to me. 

Thanks Nic, I was prepared to live with one mode on the Cannons. The more I think about it, the more I think I should just go with the ULF44 and sync them.

Thanks for the info guys!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
That is also negative switched and the cannons don't play well with the ulf.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Our dept HMMWV has Apollos and the ULF works just fine with them.  If you cant sync the ERM flashers together use one for each side of the truck (4), or use one for the front/driver side, rear/pass, etc (2). 

Is your board an LC or WeCan? 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.