Crescent 180 degree lights

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Have any of the members come across any of these? One of the directions I’m leaning to would be surface mounted up high on a rear spoiler. There are only a few vids on the tube and for the love of God why don’t people showcase a pair of lights when they do a “demo” vid..!?!?....
I’d like to know how the three triggers work, can one mode be dual color or do both color leads need to be powered for dual color warn.
For the price point I really can’t go wrong, but of course, I’d love to hear some reviews if there are any to be heard.
thanks gang......

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Based on that video it looks like he powered 1 wire for 1 color, the other wire for the other color and the both for steady color, I couldn't see if he flipped the switch for anything else and the other wires weren't connected so what the heck were they for... Sheesh give a lil more then a briefing!!Screenshot_20200919-143339.jpg
The big question is what color do you make the primary for the steady.

Last edited:

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Well, As Red is my Legal color, I would want red flash, Red/White flash, and steady white.
My plan would call for two pair, so in park, all four would flash red, left/right. With one pair primary reverse/steady over warn function
Basically wondering is the “brain” gonna behave the same as a cannon would function?

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Well Boulder, they were on sale over the weekend, hope you grabbed a pair.
that new video I found did answer some questions I had... Wish you luck with your progressing install

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
Aaaaand.... once again, they omit blue/amber from the available color listing...

Yes, I have sent an email asking them to add it to their lineup. They replied "As of right now there are no plans of that color combination. However, I will be sure to forward your email to the owner of our company so that he is aware this is something our customers are interested in. " which is better than a generic "thanks for your feedback" but does me no good trying to outfit my truck over the next few months.

grumble mumble...</kvetch>

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Aaaaand.... once again, they omit blue/amber from the available color listing...

Yes, I have sent an email asking them to add it to their lineup. They replied "As of right now there are no plans of that color combination. However, I will be sure to forward your email to the owner of our company so that he is aware this is something our customers are interested in. " which is better than a generic "thanks for your feedback" but does me no good trying to outfit my truck over the next few months.

grumble mumble...</kvetch>

man... blue/amber is a really tough seller. Dealer who stock it... get stuck with it. I'm still sitting on Blue/Amber Cobra Dash lights and Apollo surface mounts. I've been selling them to one towing company locally who only uses the amber lol

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I remember here years ago service aides for some cities used blue and amber, I forget when they did away with them and switched to looking like a service vehicle or went red and amber so crazy... Aren't they popular in europe??

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I am a fan of blue amber. My state uses blue for volunteer firefighters. The mix of amber to the rear is a nice touch.
And if the head is capable of choosing the color, amber is good for when someone may stop to render assistance when your out of city or town where your blue light permit is issued.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Well Boulder, they were on sale over the weekend, hope you grabbed a pair.
that new video I found did answer some questions I had... Wish you luck with your progressing install

Sadly I did not... Funds are directed at other things currently... Everything I've installed is stuff I've had laying around... lol Hopefully soon...

Tango7

Jul 7, 2020
Chicago Metro Area
I am a fan of blue amber. My state uses blue for volunteer firefighters. The mix of amber to the rear is a nice touch.
And if the head is capable of choosing the color, amber is good for when someone may stop to render assistance when your out of city or town where your blue light permit is issued.
I want to have amber for my electrical contracting work and blue for my FD/EMS, and avoid having to install double the number of lights and wires.

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
So finally got around to getting these Crescents unboxed. They don’t behave like a cannon as there is not a third trigger.
however, using the two modes, together gives a third pattern. So mode one nice red wig wag. Power to mode two (or second color) flashes red/white. Apply power to mode “two” Alone is set to steady white. Also peculiar in that to alternate heads, a lead must be connected to power on one of the heads in order to alternate ... they are not wired in so I will hold off on my comments of brightness (bench tested for patterns and sync) as I haven’t lit it back up. All four heads seem to be too much draw on my converter. I’m hoping they are respectably bright. For the price point, they were my best option considering I was covering already installed and plugged holes from prior use.

Attachments

• 3B7196F9-2A06-4125-9689-979C2210DB45.jpeg
    3B7196F9-2A06-4125-9689-979C2210DB45.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 14

massbowtie

May 24, 2010
mass.
Does anyone know if any brand crescent light have a flash pattern that imitates an old school rotating halogen ?
Thank you in advance.

massbowtie

May 24, 2010
mass.
On the Canadian tv show Hi way thru hell, one of the Jamie Davis heavy tow trucks (truck# 116).On the front grill there are 2 crescent style lights that have a pattern that imitates what a 360 beacon flashes (rotates). It looks like a cresecnt led with a pattern that goes left to right or right to left that simulates a rotating beacon but only at 180 degrees. I'm guessing it's a Canadian light just not sure. Reliable tow on the same show has that truck now. I tried to explain the best I can.

Da-Sarge

Feb 27, 2020
Canada
On the Canadian tv show Hi way thru hell, one of the Jamie Davis heavy tow trucks (truck# 116).On the front grill there are 2 crescent style lights that have a pattern that imitates what a 360 beacon flashes (rotates). It looks like a cresecnt led with a pattern that goes left to right or right to left that simulates a rotating beacon but only at 180 degrees. I'm guessing it's a Canadian light just not sure. Reliable tow on the same show has that truck now. I tried to explain the best I can.
Those lights are D&R electronics heads they are alot like the whelen rotabeam thats able to do the same patturn

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
Have you (or anyone) installed these Crescents yet? I have a F250 am considering installing some under my rear view mirrors. My 2019 has factory turn signals built into the mirrors, but the ones pointing rearward are two small LEDs and very hard to see. I pull a camper often and really like having the amber turn signals visible for lane changes etc.

So I am thinking of tapping into the turn signal circuit somehow inside each mirror, and having a separate new circuit tied into my warning lights for additional side warning which I am also in need of. So a red/amber combo?

Thoughts? I would like to see some in action in daylight if possible.

thanks
Bob

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.