Ct DOT

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
I didn't see it posted before but when did Dot start adding flashing green/amber and red/amber to their trucks?

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Where did you see this vehicle Dan?
I live down the road from the Meriden facility and have yet to see anything other than amber.
I am torn because I am a believer that they could/should have a small amount of another color but what color and placement I am not sure.
I don't like red and amber together for 2 reasons. I have a hard time differentiating between the 2 at quick glances. And I also attribute red to fire apparatus. Especially if the 2 are to the rear as most fire apparatus here have those 2 to the rear.
Blue is volunteer FF. Which here in CT anyway does not get the recognition by drivers as it is.
Green is volunteer Ambulance. Same as blue. Although there are far fewer people running green than there are blue.

The Ct State Police have stepped up their lighting game and have made tremendous improvements in the light choices, in head placement, color choices, flash patterns, and Cantrol intergrartion. Let's see if the CTDOT does the same.

RDT Car 25

May 22, 2010
Milford, CT
A friend of mine sent me a photo of one of the newer DOT trucks with green and amber to the rear. I am wondering if they are conducting a study on the visibility of different color combinations.

I have seen red and amber on the CHAMP trucks and I agree with firebuff17. I don't like the idea of red on non-emergency vehicles.

I also disagree with them putting the red/green chevrons on the new DOT trucks. I agree with the idea of the chevrons, just not the color combination. Again, looks like an emergency vehicle.

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
I was on 84 heading to exit 25 and I seen a new freightliner dumps with the non silver tailgates with Amber/Green lights on it. The Red/Amber was on a pickup on route 8 near Exit 40 Same truck had Amber/Clear to the front

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
Red should be just for Emergency use FD,PD,Ambulance.
Yellow/Blue chevrons NY dot uses I like the look of I don't like Green.
I'm not a big fan of wreckers using clear and red lights but been seeing it in Waterbury lately.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.