CT State Police Explorer, erm, "Police Interceptor Utility"

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
So we took the day to head down to Connecticut and hit up the grand old Woodstock Fair. Having grown up in this town, I have fond memories of Labor Day weekend as a kid, I wanted to share the experience with my 4 year old son. Turns out he's still a little too young to appreciate it and ride all the good rides... oh well. The State Troopers out of Troop D were present, of course, but they had a booth and there seemed to be far fewer (if any) of them walking around the fair compared to past years. Anyway, as I was waiting for wife and son to come out of the rest room, I snapped a shot of this 2022 or 2023 Explorer parked behind the State Police booth. When we walked by earlier, every light head was illuminated in cruise mode, and it didn't even occur to me to photograph it in that state. So here's a boring static shot, with nothing illuminated and absolutely nothing happening. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 20220904_201843.jpg
    20220904_201843.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 37

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
As a CT resident, I may have prejudice, but they are very well set up and laid out. One of my favorite.
After seeing numerous cars around the state, and in different situations, they have a lot of user options. CanTrol/Core is a wonderful thing. Low cruise, high cruise, front only cruise, rear cruise, both, traditional steady cruise, flicker cruise, almost endless options.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.