CTS Twin Sonic

Matt Feist

Dec 7, 2015
South Dakota
Hello,

I have 2 Federal Signal Twin Sonics that are stamped CTS. I took one apart because when I put power and ground to it, nothing happens. I did discover someone had been in it before and did some wiring hacks to it. So I need to hook them back up but it's a fairly simple bar set up I just am not sure what goes where. I used a test light and basically jumper cables on a battery to make it go. I did touch one wire to a terminal and I got rotators, w lights, and the steady burn, I can't figure out the rear flasher.

Also, I have 2 that are R/R, am looking for a blue dome. Ebay charges too much.

Thanks

Jul 14, 2014
NV
Rear flasher should be on it's own wire to the terminal block inside the drivers side of the lightbar just behind the drivers side 2 step mirror. I'll try to get a picture today for you.

Matt Feist

Dec 7, 2015
South Dakota
So...Update:

I just made a jumper wire based on what you said, and it works just fine! Domes are a bit cloudy but it works, I have a fully functioning CTS Twin Sonic. I have another that I just started digging into and it's more of a mess than the first, someone had been in it before and done some work with it.

Also, any suggestions on how to uncloud a cloudy dome? I have several old ones laying around so I had an epiphany to try something, so I stuck one in the dishwasher on a normal cycle, and I didn't let it go to the heat dry part, and it came out with a tan film on it, and very cloudy. So...dishwasher was a bad idea? I've heard of light sanding and polishing but that never seems to work for me. Any other suggestions?

CAPTAIN 58

Feb 10, 2017
Drexel hill pa
Wet sand 1500 grit. you will have to use some elbow grease. then dry completely then polish with Meguiars plastx and buff with a buffer that you would use to wax a car. that will clear them up almost like new

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.