Custom Headlights 04 F-150

Zach C.

May 22, 2010
Southeast, USA
Here is what I done to my headlights in my f150. They are set to steady burn I used a relay so I can have them on as running lights off road or flash via another switch. Since I put them where I did in the headlights they are great for intersections.

ai192.photobucket.com_albums_z166_zach_cagle_Truck_th_trucklednight.jpg

ai192.photobucket.com_albums_z166_zach_cagle_Truck_th_truckled2.jpg

ai192.photobucket.com_albums_z166_zach_cagle_Truck_0601101716_1.jpg

ai192.photobucket.com_albums_z166_zach_cagle_Truck_0601101718.jpg

ai192.photobucket.com_albums_z166_zach_cagle_Truck_0601101716c.jpg

ai192.photobucket.com_albums_z166_zach_cagle_Truck_0601101716b.jpg

ai192.photobucket.com_albums_z166_zach_cagle_Truck_0601101716a.jpg

ai192.photobucket.com_albums_z166_zach_cagle_Truck_0601101715a.jpg

ai192.photobucket.com_albums_z166_zach_cagle_Truck_0601101715.jpg

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I think these are complete aftermarket headlights, that came with the leds installed already.

Zach C.

May 22, 2010
Southeast, USA
Klein said:
that is cool. Nice job. Any pics of the back of the housing/install process?

I took a few I am sure I can find them.

Also I recieved a few pm's. They are not factory black. They was chrome and I painted them when I did the LED install. And also they was baked apart. I did NOT cut the housing. That is just asking for trouble.

Zach

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Gen 1 5mm LED's? I assume you drilled the headlight housing to mount the LED's....?

Zach C.

May 22, 2010
Southeast, USA
unlisted said:
Gen 1 5mm LED's? I assume you drilled the headlight housing to mount the LED's....?

Correct. I baked apart the lenses and 1st & 2nd layers. Painted the chrome part. Drilled the holes epoxied the leds in place. Did my soldering and shrink wrap. Installed my HAW. Drilled one very small hole in my outer housing to run the wires and used headlight sealant to seal the hole around the wires and baked the headlight back into place.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Cool. I have a buddy thinking along your lines (sorta) as well. Did you consider any other type of LED's, instead of Gen 1?

Oh and just FYI- expect issues with the paint down the road. I've never got paint to stay stuck 100% to headlight housings- ever. Always ends up flaking or something of the sort. within 2 years. (sun exposure, constant extreme temp changes in the housing, etc)

Zach C.

May 22, 2010
Southeast, USA
unlisted said:
Cool. I have a buddy thinking along your lines (sorta) as well. Did you consider any other type of LED's, instead of Gen 1?

Oh and just FYI- expect issues with the paint down the road. I've never got paint to stay stuck 100% to headlight housings- ever. Always ends up flaking or something of the sort. within 2 years. (sun exposure, constant extreme temp changes in the housing, etc)

I have painted the headlights in my 04 maxima. I done those in 04 and they still look good as new 6 years later. It sets in the sun and gets drove daily. I thought about gen 2 but for the way the headlight is made and all. Gen 1 was what seemed the best at the time. I done these headlights 3 years ago.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
doesnt look bad for "intersection" warning... wouldve like to have seen what they looked like in the day backed away from the truck head on as if i was a car in front of you and one at night with the headlights on.. but the work looks very good!

Zach C.

May 22, 2010
Southeast, USA
fireman616wfd said:
doesnt look bad for "intersection" warning... wouldve like to have seen what they looked like in the day backed away from the truck head on as if i was a car in front of you and one at night with the headlights on.. but the work looks very good!

I will have to get a better video. I get comments on them all the time. I had one guy that wanted to drive from New York to TN to have me do his. :D

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
Zach C. said:
I will have to get a better video. I get comments on them all the time. I had one guy that wanted to drive from New York to TN to have me do his. :D

that would be one expensive job! especially when he can mail them.. :twisted:

Zach C.

May 22, 2010
Southeast, USA
fireman616wfd said:
that would be one expensive job! especially when he can mail them.. :twisted:

Yep I was going to do them for him. He was going to ship them. But he didnt have another set to go in his truck while I was working on them.

Zach

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.