Custom Install Question for siren 2007 Silverado

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
Hi there, I have a Whelen Siren box that I want to install in my 2007 Silverado. I am looking for ideas for installing it. I have a few options.

1. Place under the dash

2. Build a cheap wooden stand I can place on the floor under the middle console on the floor. Something simple and inexpensive that I can mount the siren box to.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Stimpy911 said:
Hi there, I have a Whelen Siren box that I want to install in my 2007 Silverado. I am looking for ideas for installing it. I have a few options.

1. Place under the dash

2. Build a cheap wooden stand I can place on the floor under the middle console on the floor. Something simple and inexpensive that I can mount the siren box to.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
So what is the question. If those are your two options.........pick one.

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
Thanks for your reply. Please do not reply anymore to this thread if you have anything useful to add.

I guess I will ask in a different way. I am looking for your ideas. Maybe there is something a little better than what I am thinking. If you have made something similar I would love to see how you did it.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Much of this will depend on your personal preference and your budget. There are companies that manufacture vehicle specific consoles, but they may be too elaborate or expensive for a siren alone. It may be worth it if you were looking to expand to also mounting switch controls and/or a radio in the future.

Is the dash open all the way across or is there a center console like in the Tahoes?

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
Well for right now nothing too expensive. As long as it is out of the way but reachable and the wires are hidden I will be happy. I just run on a first responder service and my call volume is only a few calls per month. I have a Whelen siren box. It is pretty light. I am thinking even super strong sticky tape or velcro on the bottom of the dash may work. Maybe someday I will buy a more expensive nice looking option. :)

Dave

May 21, 2010
bath ny
I have a 2012 silverado and i made a custom console out of MDF i have $13 in it. Its very sturdy and i have my CenCom and CDM-1250 in it works great. took about an hour to fab up. I dont have any pics but i can take some i just need to get some black material and wrap it to finish it up.

Duramaximized

Feb 4, 2012
USA - Arkansas
I have a 2007 classic, and I mounted my siren box from the bottom of the dash. I drilled holes thru the lip on the bottom cubby hole, and bolted the mount to that. Simple mount, and is still easily reached from the drivers seat.

image.jpg

Stimpy911

Nov 23, 2011
USA / Michigan
Dave said:
I have a 2012 silverado and i made a custom console out of MDF i have $13 in it. Its very sturdy and i have my CenCom and CDM-1250 in it works great. took about an hour to fab up. I dont have any pics but i can take some i just need to get some black material and wrap it to finish it up.

Could you please take some pics for me. That would be awesome if you could.

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
Stimpy911 said:
Do you have dimentions and type of wood used? I love this idea. I am the worst carpenter in the world. lol

The wood is plain ol' 3/4" plywood from the local hardware store with flat black spray paint applied. See the attachment for some rough dimensions. Total width is 13". Pardon the poor drawing skills.

Note that on my truck there is a control box for the air bags that is very inconveniently placed in the middle of the floor below the factory console. I decided rather than have the weight of the console resting on this box (possibly causing problems with the airbags) to cut a rectangular hole in the floor piece of my custom console and put a very thin sheet of plywood over it. This protects the airbag "thing" from the equipment inside the console without having the console rest on it. Essentially nothing touches it.

If you have more specific questions please feel free to PM me.

Edit: Forgot the attachment

Untitled-1.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.