Custom Length Liberty Build and Wiring

jester8798

Sep 22, 2018
Michigan
Hello everyone, I'm going to be starting my first lightbar build and POV install over the next week and wanted to get some feedback on my plans. I've been doing some reading on here as well as discussing with the guy I got my Liberty parts from and this is what I'm planning.

My vehicle is a 2015 Silverado, Whelen Liberty (shortened to 32"), Carson Volunteer SC-1022 siren, Feniex Triton speaker. I am debating adding some grille lights down the road but the list above is all my current system will include. The bar will be shortened with three inboard modules front and rear. My initial plan for the bar was all red with only the alleys being white but I have the original takedowns that came with the bar. I might put one in the center, not sure if that would be of any benefit.

Wiring:
- Liberty power cable run to the battery with an inline fuse, I'm seeing 20A and 30A recommended. I'm on the fence about running under the truck or through the cab. Any recommendations there?
- Carson power/ground: 12ga
- Triton speaker: 16ga
- Siren trigger/enable switch: 18ga (connected to ignition source)

Light control:
Pending my amp draw review. A quick look last night was around 4 amps for all red LEDs, 6 inboards and all corners. Does that sound about right? The carson is limited to 5A per switch.

- Option 1:
Light switch 1 - connected to distribution block running all front LEDs
Light switch 2 - connected to distribution block running all rear LEDs

- Option 2:
Light switch 1 - connect to distribution block running all red LEDs
Light switch 2 - connect to distribution block alleys/take downs

Thanks guys!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.