Custom minibar help

High_Order1

Sep 24, 2010
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
Hey!
I am betting this is the only place on the planet I won't have to explain myself, but basically, I want a smallish, lightweight, LED-based throwdown 360 degree bar-type light I can toss on top of whatever I happen to be stuck in issued.
I'd like a set of take downs forward mounted sorta-spots on one switch, a set of alleys on another, and then I'd like whatever on the remaining real estate, not super picky, but I'd like to be able to put them in dim mode (I work at night mostly, now).

I like the shape and profile of the Lamphus Nano-Flare 17" bar. I don't like the $200 price tag.

1 - Can I get that bar as an empty shell / set of cheap replacement parts to assemble into a bar?
2 - If not, I'm not up on current offerings from other manufacturers. Is there something similar I could get cheaply, and then populate with whatever deals I scare up?

- about 17 inches is all I'll be able to cram in my trunk. I plan on powering it via either a set of clips to a cart / vehicle battery, but I am wondering if my nifty new car starter will run them (will have to do some calcs once I settle on what to put in the shell).

I was just going to grab one of the $30 Stark saviors and call it a day, but it's been a long time since I brewed anything custom, and since what I'm doing isn't anywhere mission critical (I use nothing currently), and I'm bored, this seems like a nifty project.

Basically, can I get a 14-16" low profile minibar with clear domes super cheap, I guess is what I'm asking.

Thanks!

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I know code 3 makes a mini 2100 that is low profile, but cant remember how long it is........I wanna say 15" maybe or a little longer. not sure if you can find it super cheap, but ya might get lucky on it

I know I have a couple Excalibur/2100 parts in my parts box, along with LEDs but they are mostly blue and are steady burn (they're also not a name brand LED, not sure what company makes them either to be honest)

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
I have a slightly used, nearly new Whelen Liberty II Mini with magnetic mounts and a 24" or so cable. It's populated with red/blue on the angled modules, however it does not have inboard takedown or alley modules, you'd need to add those. Here's a generic pic, if you're interested I can get you actual pics. I'd probably need around $200 for it.

34wp23_as01.jpg

High_Order1

Sep 24, 2010
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
You probaly could get it unpopulated, i know they offer a build a bar option

I didn't really see anything I wanted. (shrugs)

I have a slightly used, nearly new Whelen Liberty II Mini with magnetic mounts and a 24" or so cable.

Thanks! That's really generous. What I am looking for is something with a little more room to shoehorn stuff into, though. When I'm done, I hope to have less than $200 in it. But I appreciate you!

Guess I need to poke a couple of the site vendors; I had hopes maybe some would pick up on this thread... :cool:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.