Cutting down a lightbar frame

May 22, 2010
Columbiana County, Ohio
Does anyone have any suggestions whom I need to contact about cutting down a full size lightbar frame ?

I wouldn't think that all welding shops would have the abilities to cut whelen edge frames or mx's and all...

Anyone here in Ohio willing to offer there services for a fee ?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I use a cut off miter saw because that's what I had available to me. I know members have taken them to local metal shops and had them cut with bandsaws for a nicer cut.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
Dude my first time cutting a frame I took a K12 circular saw and just cut. It was a little ugly but if you're careful you can do it that way - would suggest it as a last resort method though...

deputychief301

May 21, 2010
Snow Belt, Michigan
I have used a air hack saw which works good as long as use have a piece of straight metal

you attach to your straight cutting line, if cutting an edge down make sure using the side

with the hole in the bottom for the wiring harness, this saves you from boring another later.

Take your time and make its exactly what you needing.Once cut, there is way of going back.

For the typical mini edge, the actual bar/frame should be 24 inches and after complete the

two end caps make up two inches on end, making it a 28 inch mini edge, for gods sake if you

use magnet ,use at least 6-95 magnet. I use 8-95lb , so the bar is going anywhere for sure.

If you need any help, get ahold of

Jim Rogers

deputychief301

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.