D4 Headliner Mounting

dwg1523

Jun 30, 2010
North Florida
Any ideas on the best way to mount a D4 inside the rear of my cab on a 2003 F-150? I have the swivel bracket from whelen to work with. I have tried to visualize it before ripping it apart, nothing seems to pop into my head. Any and all ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
dwg1523 said:
Any ideas on the best way to mount a D4 inside the rear of my cab on a 2003 F-150? I have the swivel bracket from whelen to work with. I have tried to visualize it before ripping it apart, nothing seems to pop into my head. Any and all ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

welcome to ELB.

how far apart from each other are the screws holding up the headliner in the rear of your cab? i mounted a dominator 6 in the rear of my Highlander to the headliner with l-brackets from lowes and self-tapping screws (replacing the plastic screws that hold the headliner up, so that i didn't have to drill extra holes in the headliner)

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
dwg1523 said:

I have installed several D4/D6's by using the DBKT3 Swivel Brackets. Very easy to mount to the vehicle's rear plastic headliner. Only need to make two small holes for the screws and snap the plastic headliner back up and you are done. I have used this technique for mounting D4/D6's in many vehicles and all of them have not moved at all in years. The red push-button in the photo below is for changing the Dominator flash pattern. The DBKT4 "L" Brackets also will work on most SUV's and trucks.

akdlighting.com_installations_2005_20Nissan_20Armada_2005NissanArmada_20020.gif

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.