Dallas PD POTUS Motorcade

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I've never heard "POTUS" before as an acronym for pres of the US

I dunno why, but that motorcade looked kinda small for the US pres motorcade...I was expecting a bunch more Suburbans & a few more tac trucks/sprinters/E-series vans.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
pdk9 said:
I've never heard "POTUS" before as an acronym for pres of the US
I dunno why, but that motorcade looked kinda small for the US pres motorcade...I was expecting a bunch more Suburbans & a few more tac trucks/sprinters/E-series vans.

Really? Bunch of them have Acronyms FLOTUS (First Lady) POTUS, etc...

I know its possible people haven't heard of these, but they get used a lot in movies and TV shows (actually watching The West Wing right now and they use it a lot)!!

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
Did anyone notice the top of that last Suburban that was just ahead of the DFD Ambulance?? Looked like it had an aftermarket flat top on it and some sort of round/semiround type thingy. I am wondering if that was one that has the infamous minigun hidden inside it... :undecided: :Rumour: :coffee:

Firetrux

Mar 1, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
hitman38367 said:
Did anyone notice the top of that last Suburban that was just ahead of the DFD Ambulance?? Looked like it had an aftermarket flat top on it and some sort of round/semiround type thingy. I am wondering if that was one that has the infamous minigun hidden inside it... :undecided: :Rumour: :coffee:

"Battle Wagon"

Eric223

Sep 23, 2011
USA NY/NJ/VA
hitman38367 said:

WHCA

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
The POTUS motorcade utilized a couple of different variance Suburbans and other vehicles custom built to suit their specific needs. Those include the mobile White House Communications Center, the "Battle Wagon" (with assault capabilities), Secret Service counter-assault teams, etc. I had the opportunity to check a few of them out (from a short distance) when President Obama visited and I helped with an airport security detail while I was a police officer a couple of years back.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
An FD rescue van? Oh, of course: never know when you might need some cribbing.

FDNY 10-75

May 24, 2010
NY
hitman38367 said:

No minigun. That's the WHCA RoadRunner (MC2V).

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
here ill help interpret it for you...

whca

its th ewhite house communications somethingorother.... aka, the presidents mobile golf course plannermobile.

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
hitman38367 said:

Didn't notice anything on top. The Back window was open, as in the one I did traffic control for. 2 guys in the back facing toward the rear. Imagine they have some trick's up their sleeve:)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
hitman38367 said:
Ohhh, so it's the Camp David golf cart!!!! Gotcha!!!! :D :eek:k:

NO! its the car that plans where are the golf courses are!!!. its not limited to camp david. It has a sophisticated computer that advises of course requirements,

and helps the pres win....

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Zapp Brannigan said:
Really? Bunch of them have Acronyms FLOTUS (First Lady) POTUS, etc...

I know its possible people haven't heard of these, but they get used a lot in movies and TV shows (actually watching The West Wing right now and they use it a lot)!!

POTUS has been in a bicycle accident!!

I'm currently in Season 6, re-watching.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
ryanm said:
POTUS has been in a bicycle accident!!
I'm currently in Season 6, re-watching.

I tore through the entire season, on Netflix, in about 3 week's time. Great, underrated television show... even if it was left leaning.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
JazzDad said:
Rescue van..... More like FD Ambulance as there is one in every motorcade.... Surprised in seeing the older limos and not the "Beasts."

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
JazzDad said:

Dude, what are you talking about??

A) it's not a van; it's an ambulance (a type I to be exact)

B) it doesn't have cribbing; it has standard EMS equipment, God forbid something happen. It's standard to have a local ambo in large VIP convoys

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
There is a black Ambulance that is staffed with a surgeon for the Prez. in the motorcade. The host city also provides an Ambulance for secondary victims.

I think this video is on the day all 5 living Presidents were in Dallas for the dedication of the Bush Library. The SS ran multiple motorcades at once, and it was the largest motorcade Dallas PD has ever dealt with. Supposedly one of the largest motorcades ever as far as priority transports go. Any time the POTUS is in Dallas, the major hospital, Parkland, reserves a trama room, and puts a complete trama team on stand by for the whole time the man is on the ground. On the day we had all 5 Presidents here, all of the Dallas major trama hospitals had teams on stand by, and all non critical and planned surgerys were postponed until the next day.

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
pdk9 said:
Dude, what are you talking about??

A) it's not a van; it's an ambulance (a type I to be exact)

B) it doesn't have cribbing; it has standard EMS equipment, God forbid something happen. It's standard to have a local ambo in large VIP convoys

Each of my department ambulances has cribbing and extraction supplies.. No where near that of our heavy rescue or engines... But it still can... Just saying..

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
HILO said:
There is a black Ambulance that is staffed with a surgeon for the Prez. in the motorcade. The host city also provides an Ambulance for secondary victims.
The black vehicle that looks like an ambulance in the motorcade is not an ambulance, it's mounted with CBRNE sensors and used for HAZMAT mitigation as well as other "classified" functions. The President's Doctor rides in one of the Suburbans behind the electronic-countermeasures truck.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Irsh42 said:
Each of my department ambulances has cribbing and extraction supplies.. No where near that of our heavy rescue or engines... But it still can... Just saying..

Yeah, but there's a difference between smaller departments and rural volunteer departments that combine resources/supplies onto single units, and large city EMS dept.s where, although they operate under the same department, EMS and fire units are separate

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
pdk9 said:
Yeah, but there's a difference between smaller departments and rural volunteer departments that combine resources/supplies onto single units, and large city EMS dept.s where, although they operate under the same department, EMS and fire units are separate
Yea, and some places EMS units merely have the name of the FD on them but are really totally separate.

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
The agent at 0:46 means business!

He's probably looking for someone in the crowd with the same look on their face as he has on his.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
I love how the seemingly "identical" limos have one flaw. One has the greenish shade of Whelen blue and the other has the darker shade.

Nobody else noticed????
:confused:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.