Dashmiser Amperage Draw

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: wow i didn't know it was THAT much. I thought 4 amps maybe 5 ....wow wow wow

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
I think 7 amps would be with both lights on steady, and even then would be high.

I tinkh they used 35 or 27 watt bulbs. 27 wat draws 2.25 amps each bulb. 35 watt drars 3.21 amps each bulb.

Dan

richmond

May 25, 2010
USA - East Coast
Yeah, I thought that was a bit high too.

I was referring to the halogen model, and being that both lights are never on the same time I can't IMAGINE that the draw is really that high.

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
well i am sure that the cigarette plugs had fuses in them.... typically all i have seen are 5 amp fuses. If the light was drawing 7 that would blow the fuse instantly.... then again if it did draw 7 amps....there would be probably a 10 amp fuse......

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.