Dashmiser Mounting

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
Ok everyone....

I have a dasmiser II, dual head self contained. Need assist with mounting. Purchased off the board here but didnt come with any suction cups, (no biggie). Used the "Z" brakets with the 3M double sided tape on windshield under the RVM. Was working just fine for a few months, until it came down.

So, has anyone else had an issue with it mounted high on the windshield? With or without suction cups? I know the tape is strong as its holder other various lights and projects together without an issue. Is it the hight? The windshield? (dodge neon, not my vehicle).

any suggestions would help, or ideas. Do they make a headliner mount for it and if so where can i find one?

Thanx BJ

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
I believe on the instructions it says not to mount it using just the braket it has to be down on the dash. The z braket is just to keep it from moving on the dash.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
NJEMT said:
I believe on the instructions it says not to mount it using just the braket it has to be down on the dash. The z braket is just to keep it from moving on the dash.

Correct. This also applies to every other light out there with suction cups.

chfdbigbad

May 22, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
if they are the dashkings i am thinking they are, part of the problem is there is only 1 z bracket per unit instead of 2. when mounting like that it is best to have both to help spead the weight out over the tape. so you can get a second set of brackets and try it with tape on both and it should hold better.

yes, they do make a headliner bracket for the dashmisers. Ive only ever seen it at galls but im sure most any whelen dealer could get them.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Yes its a heavy piece of lighting and you do need all 6 suction cups and as NJEMT wrote thats just for the dash. - I bought the headliner bracket but you cant adjust the drop height. I think it was mainly designed for Crown victorias with a good clearance between headliner and RVM

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
Abacus said:
Yes its a heavy piece of lighting and you do need all 6 suction cups

I agree. I have a triple Dashmiser in my truck and have not had any isses with it coming down. Clean the window really well, then use all 6 suction cups, with a dab of clear silicon in the center. It won't fall down.

Dan

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.