Date code decoding?

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I have 3 lights with a date code instead of a date on the tag. Is there a way to decode this or when I just have to email Federal Signal directly? More for curiosity then necessity

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Could you be more specific, or perhaps post a few photos?

Many Federal Signal items I have seen are marked with 5 digit date codes. The format is YYDDD where YY is the last two digits of the year and DDD is the day of the year. For instance, 98210 would be the 210th day of 1998, or July 29th.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Thank you Shues, Dmathieu and Coop359. I did search a bit before posting this but not able to find anything, this answered my question.

I purchased a TurboBeam from a guy last week. He bought it a little over a year ago but was made in 2007. Interesting to know it sat in some warehouse for 10 years.
20191012_172802.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.