Dave from The Lone Star State

L

lvlr_Regulator

Hey folks, 39 from Farmersville, TX. Found this sight a few days ago and though I’d poke around.

Equipment Installer SUPIII various contract departments locally including the new DPD fleet;

Independent Contractor;

HostMaster;

WebMaster;

Father of 3.

Welcome North Texas.

Do you know Travis Willingham? He ownes a security guard company and lives around there. Drives a white Impala with blinkies.

Do you really drive to Arlington, Rockwall, Grand Prairie or Dallas Dodge to work on the Dallas PD cars? No one else has any contract for the cars. The DPD fleet contract is 3 years old with another 2 to go. There are no 2011 vehicles, but will be 2011 for the 2012 FY.

I cant say that I know him, the only two guys I know that own security companies are names Kelly Knight and Paul (Dont remember his last name).

My crew was assigned to Dodge City out of Mckinney back in '09 for their initial fleet of 73 '10 chargers (black and white) on a 9 month segment. Our last 3 weeks was (Due to finishing early (No Bonus)) were spent at Dallas Dodge as with mutiple trips to the radio shop. There was 3 contracts back then, I held one of them and Im not sure who had the other one but I think Craebar LLC held one of them. Service King in McKinney origionally held the the contract before me on installs and and graphic placement but it was rumored that they decided to bail at the last minute for unknown reasons. Its funny that they can be in a rush for these units, yet there is an entire pit of them unused at Adlora Ln. close to the NE sub-station. I dont really know if they well be contracting out or seeking other vehicles to be placed in service as of yet because of their budget crises, however they are retiring alot of units for the 100,000 mileage mark. We are occasionally striping these out except for the rear deck light and lightbar to be used as decoy placements (Shhhh, you didnt hear that from me) in parking lots of convenient stores or firelanes of grocery stores.

From what I have personally seen with my own eyes, John Wright & Asscociates had close to 40 2010/ 2011 DPD chargers on their lot in Arlington last year doing what appeared to me as the full install on them, as probably 10 of the 40 had already been completed at that time. I lived about 1 minute away from JW at their new facility in the old star telegram building until I moved down south.

Adlora Ln is the sevice center for all city vehicle in NE. They were just holding cars becasue Dallas Dodge was out of space. These past 5 years have been so funny with the DPD cars, and the rumors of who is doing what to them. There are a few of us here closely associated with DPD in one way or another. And we all hear different things. this is the first I have heard of Dodge City selling DPD black and whites, I read the bid where dallas Dodge won the contract for 2010 black and whites.

Anyhow, there is a DPD thread in the other vehicles section, so we can pick this up there.

Look around for Willingham, he is in Princeton. Strange guy, but a good guy overall. He is into computers as well, has 3 children, one is special needs, and is a sweetheart, and is also a ham radio operator.

They very well be getting the 2011 Chargers, but I've not been kept in the loop about this, nor does it spark my interest either. However I will say this, back around 8 or so months ago a lot of media has been covering the cutbacks of City employees concentrating on DPD DFD, all the while, Dallas is purchasing heavy equipment that are not being used, as in the case of the new design chargers. Still in crises, they are pushing for P25 compliant comms. Which they don’t really need IMO. New vehicles are what they need, and if you’ve seen the vehicles they drove, you’d agree. From what I’ve heard, the new design are for brass and traffic while the others sit in the pit (Yes you are correct, Dallas Dodge did not have enough room to keep these units in their lot, in fact, they own (or rent) that small lot behind the Meineke on Executive Dr. that they had to dump a lot of vehicles there until Dallas said that it was too risky for burglary of their new inventory).

Ill keep a eye out for Travis (Is he KD5ZKV?). Again thanks for the warm welcomes, and hope to see yall around the rest of the forum!

KD5ZKV is him.

You will find there are a few of us here that have been around the DPD cars for decades, one is even in headquaters. I'm also connected to the Dallas media.

....and a 'Welcome' from me too. I am not "connected" with anyone. I have spent the last 30+ years avoiding DPD cars. I hang out here because I am surrounded by talent (including those above) and I have little else to occupy my time. I now live in OK, but still work in TX using my official OK/TX work visa.

Retired1 said:
....and a 'Welcome' from me too. I am not "connected" with anyone. I have spent the last 30+ years avoiding DPD cars...

Many thanks my friend. I to try to avoid Plano and Farmers Branch PD, yet despite my better attempts, they don’t avoid me. Two Texas cities thus far I don’t enjoy getting pulled over. Though anything in Collin Co. can be a bad thing. Farmersville on the other hand is a podunk town, a little relaxed to the point they fall over, but lenient. Camera in hand, I was taking pictures of my Crown Vic for auction last week and Farmersville PD passes me in the parking lot where I was taking pictures, then turns back around, walks out of the car and approaches me and says, "Whatcha doing?". I reply back, "Taking pictures.". She asks me why, and I told her that I’m selling it. "Is it yours?", she asks.... Now at this time I could have opened a can of worms to make this conversation irresistible, but declined to do so at the time, because it was about 103 degrees and I personally didn’t want to spend any more time out there than I wanted. I’ve learned to keep the answers short and simple to understand....

Collin County had a bad time with Police imposters raping women back in the 80's when I was a teenager living in Plano. Back in the day when Frisco was nothing, and you could take gravel roads all the way to Oklahoma if you knew how... I guess they still dont like non LEO's in cop looking cars. I'm good with that, I dont either.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scannerdude