Dayton Hamvention 2013 - May 17, 18, & 19

elc32955

Mar 6, 2013
East Central Florida
Just checking in - who is all going to the Dayton show this year at Hara Arena? For years the group I travel with was inside the building selling in the Silver Ball arena across from the Radio Shack booth, we had one of our guys selling Deoxit. Radio Shack didn't attend last year which drew some of the traffic off. This year we made the decision to revert back to the swap area outside and try that. There were some really good bargains last year, but you had to hunt. Among others, I scored a BC780XLT, in the box, for $10!

73's

Eric

KK4JOK

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i see your a newer ham.

(so am i lol)

73 doesnt own anything and you wouldn't say best regard's..

also it wouldn't be 73s because you wouldnt be giving multiple best regards....

i'm only typing this because we had a discussion at club meeting about it last weekend lol...

back on the subject, I'd lover to go but can't aford it. the biggest hamfest i go to is Huntsville.

Take pics and post them here.

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
I went last year. Can say Ive been there, done that. It was neat. I combined it with a visit to my friend in Indy. I would be curious to know if GRE is going to be there and can give some insight as to their future.

K9DUO

elc32955

Mar 6, 2013
East Central Florida
Just as a sidebar, wonder if Hara is EVER going to repave the outside parking area where the swap takes place. The asphalt keeps getting worse and worse every year, with the amount of people that shuffle around the swap area it's a wonder that EMS is not kept going full time due to trip and falls. Topping that, we already had the Fountain of Fun two years ago... wonder what's next in store? :)

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
elc32955 said:
Just as a sidebar, wonder if Hara is EVER going to repave the outside parking area where the swap takes place. The asphalt keeps getting worse and worse every year, with the amount of people that shuffle around the swap area it's a wonder that EMS is not kept going full time due to trip and falls. Topping that, we already had the Fountain of Fun two years ago... wonder what's next in store? :)

Hara is an old hall, they are probably going to play it out for everything they can. You would think that the $$ that place bring's in it would be a no brainier to fix things up. Heck Im not even a Ham but its only an hour from home so I like to take in the flea market and other exhibits. Usually end up there a couple of day's anyhow.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
there's a guy there that sales the military poles in aluminum and fiberglass. healso has a few other accesories i need for my portable mast system. if someone is going by him let me know.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.