DELETED

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Looks good, not quite sure why they chose green domes if it is still being used by a law enforcement officer (which is what I am assuming).

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
AND... Is it going to be lit like the first one or what else will be going on it? I just see the deck lights on the back.

pmcg10

Jun 14, 2010
Connecticut
Blade Runner said:
What kind of/brand bull bar is on that second Charger? That actually looks kinda badass!

I agree.

When I first saw it I thought it looked terrible, but when I saw the 3rd picture of it it makes it look pretty badass...I'm not sure if it is the bumper that is doing it or just the shear fact that the Charger front ends look badass...For now, I think I could go without that guard.

Is there any front warning for it?

ParkPiggy

May 21, 2010
Northeast Ohio
It looks like the PD turned in an old impala to use for Park Security. Park Rangers in most states are Police Officers. That would be my guess as to why an old commissioned patrol officer vehicle, is being used by non-commissioned personnel w/o the red and blues. If it was for a commissioned Ranger, it would be marked "Ranger" not "Park Patrol".

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
green is kinda odd for a park vehicle unless it is for admin or non sworn security,think amber would of been better but the customer gets what they want in most cases. at least here park rangers in Pa are sworn and have full arrest powers and can do traffic stops in and around park property and do use red/blue.. all in all the vehices look good,looking forward to seeing other installs

NJEMT

May 22, 2010
Essex County, NJ
The green lights are to blend into the bush so the park patrol can sneak up on thoes pesky picnic ers

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
NJEMT said:
The green lights are to blend into the bush so the park patrol can sneak up on thoes pesky picnic ers
In my old Squad I ran Green lights it was before LEDs came out so I had Green Strobes. I like the color green, I think it looks good. Now I run Red lights and Siren. In NYS a lot of Volly Squads still run green. The only problem is ppl on the road dont know that green is a courtesy light the same as blue. I think NYS should change to just blue like NJ.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
That's probably a Code 3 Defender or 2100.

What state is the Impala for? Green lights are really unusual. I do know that Puerto Rico uses blue and green lights on some of their police cars, Morocco uses red and green, and Brazilian ambulances sometimes use green.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Nice rides im a big fan of the red and blue covers on led lightbars our units in my PD in Texas have the same thing. :cool:

Stendec

May 21, 2010
I like the green on a conservation enforcement vehicle. State & local park & wildlife people here are typically fully sworn and commissioned and run blue and/or red, but a green flasher here or there would be distinctive. Doesn't Chicago fire run a green light on their equipment, and cities have put green, purple, red lights where they don't belong representing school colors.

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
Love the charger install the best until i saw that you used a code 3 2100. I absolutely hate them with a passion IMO they don't move traffic worth a crap. But again just my own experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.