Departments That Allow POV L/S

dwk270

Aug 29, 2012
Oregon
Does your department allow POV's with lights? sirens? details? Thanks.

If there is a thread already out there, I apologize.

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Mine does. Have to be off your 6 month probation and in good standing. Then just have to ask the chief. We are supposed to have 360 degree coverage but a lot of the guys dont.

We aren't supposed to run ours until we get in or close to city limits even though our district covers county area also.

For rookies they have to have drivers training and be off probation before running lights and sirens.

And of course, we can only use red, white, and amber.

J-Rock1944

Jun 26, 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
I work for AMR/Rural Metro, so no. I do have my car set up for my other job doing traffic control, though. (No siren, obviously.)

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
We require 1 full year as a probie, then when off that, 6 mos. more and then only with staff approval. We are all vollie sooooo........

Oct 20, 2010
Rehoboth, MA
My dept does. Like many others you have to be off probation, which is 6 months minimum but not until after FF1/2 have been completed, so depending on join date it could be almost a year.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
My department does, but you gotta live close and have the Chief's approval. It also depends how motivated you are. We have a couple people on probation (nearing the end of their year) who live close and have been granted permission for lights & sirens

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.