Design our new Demo vehicle contest

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Many of you are newer to the board but one lucky gentleman from the UK won some free lights a few years back when we picked his design for one of our service vans. Well our new Ford Police Interceptor SUV just arrived and we figured we give it another try. This vehicle will have all Whelen products on it so Whelen as well as Strobes N More is all it needs as far as advertising. Other than that we are pretty open to any ideas. Winer will get a $250.00 Gift Certificate to our site. Good luck and have fun.

2013 Ford Police Interceptor.jpg

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Are we designing a warning package, a graphics package, or both ?

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
Drew up the template then decided to add some flare (color) to the Ford style markings which have become popular. Plus it has a very prominate appearance in regards to showing the name of the company. Tried to keep the graphics simple with just the website on the side of the hood protrusion, a "DIAL 1(866)STROBEGUY", and the Whelen logo. Since it is just the side, threw on a Liberty (assuming a Trio) with an ION in the rear window and each side mirror housing, along with a M2 on the side of the push bumper.

ai235.photobucket.com_albums_ee266_zgxtreme_photos_SNM1UTILITY.jpg

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
Hollywood said:
Drew up the template then decided to add some flare (color) to the Ford style markings which have become popular. Plus it has a very prominate appearance in regards to showing the name of the company. Tried to keep the graphics simple with just the website on the side of the hood protrusion, a "DIAL 1(866)STROBEGUY", and the Whelen logo. Since it is just the side, threw on a Liberty (assuming a Trio) with an ION in the rear window and each side mirror housing, along with a M2 on the side of the push bumper.

ai235.photobucket.com_albums_ee266_zgxtreme_photos_SNM1UTILITY.jpg

I'm jealous! That's looks better than mine did! haha. I hate MS Paint! lol

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
calebsheltonmed23 said:
I'm jealous! That's looks better than mine did! haha. I hate MS Paint! lol

Thanks, I actually drew this up in Paint. Done Tahoes, Chargers and Caprices. Looking at this one, I think I need to "stretch" the lettering a bit to where the blue base runs the length between the wheel wells.

May 22, 2010
Central WV
Strobesnmore said:
We are doing the lighting we are looking for a graphics package.

I'm assuming that strobesnmore is the more important part of the graphics package, with the Whelen logo to appear somewhere in addition to "demo"?

What do your other demo vehicles look like? Amy preference on what you want or is it just a blank canvas that you are looking for ideas on?

ryan81986

Apr 13, 2011
Boston, MA
Heres my attempt. The font is just so you can see it. Also the whelen part doesn't look quite right on that window, it would probably be better suited to the rear.

strobesnmore2.jpg

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
Great work guys! Here's what I came up with and my attempt at graphics. I've update my post with 4 different style of graphics...with minimal changes. If you like what you see, click the 'Like" button at the bottom.

Design 1

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c357_saleenxp8_x1.png

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c357_saleenxp8_x3.png

Design 2

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c357_saleenxp8_demo1.png

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c357_saleenxp8_demo2.png

Design 3

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c357_saleenxp8_xplorer1_1.png

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c357_saleenxp8_xplorer2_1.png

Design 4

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c357_saleenxp8_Demo5.png

Last edited by a moderator:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Now, if it was a 1974 Ford Pinto, and it had JazzDad Industries lights on it... :woot:

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
Stretched the graphics to better fill the body work between the wheel wells while trying some different sizing and placement for the phone number and Whelen logo. Trying to keep it as simple and direct as possible while still making it pop.

ai235.photobucket.com_albums_ee266_zgxtreme_photos_SNM2UTILITY.jpg

With that style done, just playing around now with different stuff...

ai235.photobucket.com_albums_ee266_zgxtreme_photos_SNM3UTILITY.jpg

firedude

Apr 6, 2011
NY
Well, I guess you have to be in it to win it... Here's my first attempt:

snm.jpg

Louis, any limit to how many we can submit?

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
Bored yet again at an off-duty gig and thought it would look interesting to integrate a badge style body wrap image with the badge listing the website and phone number. Once I had updated the more "police looking" design, figured I would do a "fire wrap" with a badge showing the same company info as well as gold leaf to get the company name to pop on the vehicle. On the fire wrap, the whelen logo could go on the front corners as seen on the LE version with a larger more prominate logo on the back hatch with the red contrasting with the blue and yellow chevrons.

ai235.photobucket.com_albums_ee266_zgxtreme_photos_SNM4UTILITY.jpg

ai235.photobucket.com_albums_ee266_zgxtreme_photos_SNMUTILITYFIRE.jpg

Hollywood

May 24, 2010
Oklahoma
SireLite said:
Break the mold. Cover it in UK police Batternburg.

You'll get loads of people coming up to you. :thumbsup:

Just to satisfy your curiosity.

ai235.photobucket.com_albums_ee266_zgxtreme_photos_SNMBattenburg_1.jpg

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
The vehilces in the garage and hopefully we will have the lighting and console completed next week. So far I have received some really good ideas that have me thinking. I will let everyone know once we shut down the contest and pick a winner. I was asked and will state for the record even if we dont use your entire idea and use some of it you will be the winner. There is a portion of one entry my staff and I really liked. Again thanks to everyone who submitted and entry and keep them coming.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Contest over.

JD.JPG

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Well after numerous entries I think we have settled on a winner. Chris Topher AKA Wheels idea has been chosen with some changes and imput from us here at Strobes N More. I touched base with Chris and told him what we liked and what we wanted changed and here is where we are at. If anyone has any commets let hear them and congrats to Chris on some nice ideas. We really liked his Whelen logo setup but wanted to keep our vehicles somewhat similar with the blue strip. I am leaning towards the bottom design and just waiting to hear back from our graphics people for a date. We will post pics when its complete.

demo4.jpg

Demo5.jpg

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Looks great and congrats Chris! Looking forward to the final product.

Wheels

May 23, 2010
El Paso, Texas
Wow really! Thank you so much. It's an honor to be the winner of the graphics contest. I'd like to say to everyone that posted their own design...you all did some great work as well! I'm glad to hear that Louis and everyone at Strobes N' More liked my design and I look forward to seeing the finished product on your Ford Explorer. Keep us posted!

Chris aka "Wheels"

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Is it too late to ask for a recount? I think I see a hanging chad for the JazzDad design.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
The cars going for graphics first thing in the AM and should be completed sometime next week. We will get pics and video up when it's done. The hanging chad...I was unlucky enough to be in west palm beach which was the epicenter of that whole mess when it was going on. Not fun.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davegrn

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.