Detroit chief suspended

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Wow this is just....

Detroit chief suspended over alleged affair with officer

DETROIT — Detroit's police chief has been suspended following allegations he had a relationship with a subordinate.

Chief Ralph Godbee and the woman, an internal affairs officer, had been in a relationship that she eventually tried to end, David Robinson, the woman's attorney, told the Detroit Free Press.

"After learning of the allegations regarding Chief Ralph Godbee, I have placed him on a 30-day suspension pending a full and thorough investigation of this matter," Bing said in a statement Tuesday that did not specify the allegations.....

Last edited by a moderator:

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
Affair or relationship?

And who cares? The guy likes pussy - that's a plus in my book.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
MEVS06 said:
What gets me is she is not undergoing a mental health evaluation and/or suspension for the pic on Twitter...
I can see why he was with her...She seems very comfortable with tube-shaped items in her mouth...

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
My question is if she's IA and they plan on a complete and through investigation.

Who heads it up IA?

cook2890

Sep 27, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
MEVS06 said:
What gets me is she is not undergoing a mental health evaluation and/or suspension for the pic on Twitter...

AMEN!!!

Oh, wait, she was the 'victim' in all of this... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Before it's all over, it will be that he forced the relationship on her, or that he made it a 'requirement' of her job, etc... Like it was pointed out, she did this to the prior chief. Sounds to me like SHE has the agenda here...

And I do agree that she needs a mental eval for the Twit pic...

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
So wait, apparently she was "trying to end the relationship", but then gets suicidal and sticks a gun in her mouth when she finds out he's at a conference with another woman?! I'm sorry, but this is typical female emotional bullshit...."I don't want to be with him, but I can't stand seeing him with someone else!"

glistenr

May 24, 2010
California, USA
WS224 said:
The guy likes pussy - that's a plus in my book.
I like to think a person's thoughts and actions are more important than their appetites.

The utter selfishness, immaturity, and lack of self control they both have displayed (assuming what was reported is true) is a huge minus in my book, though I realize their behavior is not particularly unique or surprising. :rolleyes: :hopeless:

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
glistenr said:
I like to think a person's thoughts and actions are more important than their appetites.

The utter selfishness, immaturity, and lack of self control they both have displayed (assuming what was reported is true) is a huge minus in my book, though I realize their behavior is not particularly unique or surprising. :rolleyes: :hopeless:

My bad. I didn't realize you were the only person who could change who they fell in love with.

Sounds more like a relationship that "she" decided to be spiteful over for one reason or another.

glistenr

May 24, 2010
California, USA
WS224 said:
My bad. I didn't realize you were the only person who could change who they fell in love with.

Sounds more like a relationship that "she" decided to be spiteful over for one reason or another.
Let me first say that I can see how it would be natural to read my posts and think I was completely arrogant and self-righteous, not to mention a "prude." Trust me when I say I am intimately familiar with my own failings and I don't pretend to be someone with a good track record in this area.

That said, apparently I completely misunderstood your original post. :confused: You say, "The guy likes pussy," and that it's a good thing. I can't understand how that has anything to do with love.

As far as I know (and I'm sure many think I'm crazy for taking marriage so seriously) when you make a marriage promise to be faithful to your spouse, from that point forward you stop seeking romantic or sexual relations with anyone else whether or not the "love" dries up in your marriage. If you don't want to live with this restriction in order to keep that solemn promise, then don't get married in the first place. If you are married and feel you no longer want to keep that promise, then you can get a divorce. If getting a divorce is too hard, then for your family's sake show a little (or a lot of) self control and stop indulging your destructive desires. Get help if you need it.

You may call breaking a marriage promise by indulging in romantic and sexual relations with another person and inflicting great pain to your spouse "falling in love." I call it utter selfishness.

Now, as I implied, I have absolutely no expectation that anyone else share my views. There is a surprising amount of diversity on this board. For example, for every person that thinks a particular emergency lighting/graphics/vehicle equipment setup looks "amazingly good" you'll find just as many who "absolutely hate" it. That certainly doesn't stop them from sharing their opinion and publicly disagreeing with others.

I simply wanted to share my opinion that neither party involved in this story is innocent. And I have to admit, after your initial "pussy" comment I couldn't resist responding.

This is the last I will say on this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.