Dietz 211 age, lamp fitting & rim screw thread.

Steve P

May 28, 2016
UK
Continuing to unearth some stuff that has been stored away for years I found a Dietz 211 with the model number stamped on the rim alongside the brass plate. Unfortunately the date on the motor is not readable but idea of the year of manufacture would satisfy my curiosity so attach a photo of the rim plate.

Also, am I right in remembering the bulb brackets as a complete assembly have to be removed to replace the bulbs? 7-11’s are easier right?

One more thing, any idea of the thread size of the rim screw please as the screw on this one seems to have gone walkabouts. I have thousands of fasteners here but can’t find one that fits.

Thanks in advance,
Steve. UK

IMG_1557.jpeg
IMG_1558.jpeg
IMG_1556.jpeg

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
The data tag on the band indicates November 1968 production. Relamping requires loosening the central screw in the top of the bulb carriage assembly, then bulbs can be removed/replaced. It's always fun doing that with this sort of bulb carriage and why Federal Signal developed their system of a spring wire bulb retainer and cast aluminum bulb holder and carriage.

Reactions: Steve P

Steve P

May 28, 2016
UK
The data tag on the band indicates November 1968 production. Relamping requires loosening the central screw in the top of the bulb carriage assembly, then bulbs can be removed/replaced. It's always fun doing that with this sort of bulb carriage and why Federal Signal developed their system of a spring wire bulb retainer and cast aluminum bulb holder and carriage.

Thanks for the date and other info. I asked about the relamp out of curiosity as I saw the data stamped on the two brass connector plates that states not to tighten bulb screws until lamps have been mounted. I could not see how that would be possible as access to the bottom connector screws. Anyway I already did it as you said and all is well. Been years since I last did a 211 or 7-11 and memory is not what it was!

Reactions: stansdds

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bfpd108

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.