Dietz 211

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Is a Dietz 211 (mfg 1965) with a red dome that is NOT OEM worth anything? I'm guessing the dome is Federal. Thank you.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
At a minimum, it is worth money in parts. If it is in working condition, even with an incorrect dome, it is worth a good bit of money, as in $100 or more. Condition is important and without pictures, no one here is likely going to be able to give you a good idea of its worth.

Reactions: Mars Light

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
Sorry, I should have realized that pics are needed. They don't show much, but here are two photos. The light isn't much money, but it's a two hour drive round trip to get.1668432747340.jpeg211_2.jpg

May 21, 2010
Western Montana
Sorry, I should have realized that pics are needed. They don't show much, but here are two photos. The light isn't much money, but it's a two hour drive round trip to get.View attachment 240581View attachment 240582
I would almost say the 184 dome is worth MORE than the 211 itself as often recently, when I've seen an actual 184 light advertised, it usually has a Dietz or other non-standard dome on it. Therefore, if each of these lights is $25, I'd probably make the round trip to procure them and sell the 184 dome outright and wait for a Dietz dome to come along (if you intend to keep the beacon). Or, you could try selling it as it to maximize your profit (although the 184 dome would not be original to the beacon). Good luck!

Reactions: CrownVic97

Tristar

May 24, 2010
MA
I would almost say the 184 dome is worth MORE than the 211 itself as often recently, when I've seen an actual 184 light advertised, it usually has a Dietz or other non-standard dome on it. Therefore, if each of these lights is $25, I'd probably make the round trip to procure them and sell the 184 dome outright and wait for a Dietz dome to come along (if you intend to keep the beacon). Or, you could try selling it as it to maximize your profit (although the 184 dome would not be original to the beacon). Good luck!
Thank you for your input. I've never had an interest in Grote lights, so I wasn't going to purchase it. Thanks again.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.