For Sale Dietz 7-11 for $10,000 and still charging for shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
He's trolling. In his Q & A he admits over 1k is crazy and seems surprised at even over $500. Says he'll take offers. We should all offer him $10 and ask him to throw in shipping. Heck, he doesn't even say if the thing works or not!

Scoot163

Nov 15, 2013
Tacoma, WA
I saw that the light that sold for over $1,000 was relisted by the seller, so the deal fell through. Were the Dietz lights used by NYPD like the seller states? I know the Signal-Stat Beacons were used heavily by NYPD.

kcd876

Jun 12, 2014
Moline, IL
It's off e-bay now. The seller has stated the item is no longer available...so looks like he managed to sell it for far less than $10,000?

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I corrected him. He apologized and reported he just sold it. Whether he ripped off a buyer is anyone's guess but I suppose that's where buyer beware comes in.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Joke or not, people on ebay actually watch these things and when they see high prices like this, they will think that theirs is a golden globe too and list them at high prices. If some are willing to buy just ONE for astronomic prices, I can't imagine if I listed my red/blue pair on eBay (btw, I ain't selling :cool:).

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Joke or not, people on ebay actually watch these things and when they see high prices like this, they will think that theirs is a golden globe too and list them at high prices. If some are willing to buy just ONE for astronomic prices, I can't imagine if I listed my red/blue pair on eBay (btw, I ain't selling :cool:).
Exactly! These beacons are not worth $500+, but that is what a few people with very deep pockets seem to be willing to spend on them. These insane prices are nice if you are selling, but for the average collector it puts them well out of reach.

I have a 211-WW, a 711, and another one just for parts. For $10,000 I might entertain thoughts of letting all three go and that includes one mounting gasket!

Reactions: CrownVic97
May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
Actually I was going to ask if someone knew if that was a Wayne Body Works unit. They primarily built bus bodies, this was an early 60s body style so it's strange to see it on a later model fire engine. Wayne squared off the cowl area in the late 60s I want to say and remained that way til they went out of business in the mid 90s.s-l1600.jpg

wfdstation42

May 23, 2010
USA/FL
Actually I was going to ask if someone knew if that was a Wayne Body Works unit. They primarily built bus bodies, this was an early 60s body style so it's strange to see it on a later model fire engine. Wayne squared off the cowl area in the late 60s I want to say and remained that way til they went out of business in the mid 90s.

I always thought the front windshields looked like Wayne schoolbus windshields too. Wouldn't be the first time smaller fire apparatus manufacturers incorporated items already made from builders in other sectors to cut down on design and manufacturing costs. Found a pic of a rather forlorn looking Wayne from the era. You can easily see the Young probably used the front windshields and sheetmetal.

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_14922497445_3bfd5fdc49_zpshlhfllur.jpg

Last edited:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.