Different Fed. Sig. StreetHawk Intersection Sweeps

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
@shues brought up an age old question today about the StreetHawk Intersection Sweeps.
So I went digging in the tubs. There were 2 different sweeps for this bar.
The original ones WERE DynaRay sweeps with a taller reflector and gears closer together (right side in Pic.).
The later ones were Intersection sweeps with shorter reflectors and spread out gears (left side in Pic.).
The mounting brackets also were different.

Reactions: jph2 and lotsofbars

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
I think Federal also tried using these in the Jet series light bars, but they never went into production apparently. I have a jetstream with these prototype dyna-ray intersection lights. Will get a pic asap. Anyone else ever seen any?

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
The really cool part about the DynaRay ones is that the whole reflector/gears/motor
assembly is bolted to the mounting plate. That means you can mess around with
putting a DynaRay into other bars, if you're so inclined :).

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
The really cool part about the DynaRay ones is that the whole reflector/gears/motor
assembly is bolted to the mounting plate. That means you can mess around with
putting a DynaRay into other bars, if you're so inclined :).

Yeah the older version is very "adaptable". I only have one of them but, thanks to you Pete, have a number of the intersection versions. And to add to above conversation, I thought all these models were called DynaRays and these are just different versions/generations of them.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
I think Federal also tried using these in the Jet series light bars, but they never went into production apparently. I have a jetstream with these prototype dyna-ray intersection lights. Will get a pic asap. Anyone else ever seen any?

Werent the reflectors the same style as the jestream vertical alleys? I swear when i was younger, i swear saw the vertical alley oscillating. We had jetsonics and mx7000.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.