Digital ally dvm-800

firemanbj515

Jun 25, 2010
Cookeville,Tn
Has anyone installed a Digital Ally DVM-800 ? We are currently running the DVM-500 PLUS.. And looking at going to the DVM-800 ? Curious on the install time and how hard the DVM-800 install is? Mostly on Chevy Impala.. 4 CAMERA system..

Thanks, Have a great day!

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
Its a pretty big pain in the ass, theres about 5 cables that go from the mirror to the brain box and the wireless mic charging unit as well as an additional mic for the cage camera, I couldn't give an exact figure on labor cuz we did full upfits on tahoes but I would have to say at least 6 hours, its mostly plug and play except for the activation harness and power/ground of course

firemanbj515

Jun 25, 2010
Cookeville,Tn
Bvfa23 said:
Its a pretty big pain in the ass, theres about 5 cables that go from the mirror to the brain box and the wireless mic charging unit as well as an additional mic for the cage camera, I couldn't give an exact figure on labor cuz we did full upfits on tahoes but I would have to say at least 6 hours, its mostly plug and play except for the activation harness and power/ground of course

Me and another guy are going to do the install on about 50 vehicles..I did not want to hear 6 hours haha lol.. But part of it... Thanks...

Bvfa23

Oct 14, 2013
Depew, New York
Once you get the system its not too bad really just running all the wires to 4 different spots is the killer, if your not doing a backup camera that'll shave like an hour off since we were installing the license plate bracket cameras on the rear door

digitalally

Mar 2, 2011
USA, KS
Updates have been made to the cabling system since the product was first launched that dramatically reduce the installation time. It should only be about 2 hrs. now, and that's for somebody who is unfamiliar with the system.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidey1234

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.